[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - ID (ahem, Dog) Tags
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ID (ahem, Dog) Tags

<<

Horus the Avenger

Captain
Captain

Post Thu May 07, 2009 11:07 am

ID (ahem, Dog) Tags

Someone mentioned the need for 'authentic' dog tags to complete a uniform. To avoid impersonation and show your fan pride, I recommend this format for all Air Force players:

USAF Format 1:
Surname, first name, middle initial
Social Security Number, followed by "AF" indicating branch of service.
Blood Group
normally "blank"*
Religion

*Use 'STARGATE', to indicate replica/fictional nature on tag 1.
Use 'SG-SOCOM' on tag 2.

Other branches can also adopt; I believe the Navy's/Coast Guard's is very similar anyway. Adjust SSN suffix for these other branches. Use the following two-letter codes:

MC- Marine Corps
NN- Navy
AA- Army
CG- Coast Guard
Tom Lapcharoen (Captain, SG-Operations) as
Major Nathan "Blazer" Tom
SG Hellfire - Team Member
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
For Freedom. For Honor. For Earth.

Got P90? Image
<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Thu May 07, 2009 5:46 pm

Re: ID (ahem, Dog) Tags

Did they change the format for the dog tags? Because my dog tags I got from the Army about fifteen years ago has this format:

Last Name
First Name Middle Initial
Social Security Number
Blood Type
Religion

There is no indicator for which branch I was in, nor was there a blank after blood type.
Master Sergeant Ryan Taner
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

Horus the Avenger

Captain
Captain

Post Thu May 07, 2009 9:58 pm

Paul- no, not at all; it's still the same for the Army. For some reason, the branches use slightly different, although highly similar formats.

In fact, USAF format 2 corresponds almost exactly to current US Army tags. Not sure why the Air Force has two formats, but format 1 conveniently leaves a blank space to put whatever you want and keep it to 5 lines. The Navy and Coast Guard also have empty spaces typically.

You don't have to worry about someone asking 'are they real?', since your tags are authentic. The rest of us will probably want tags that says 'Stargate' or other fictitious command. Believe me, many people don't recognize the SG-1 logo or others and assume it's not a costume. :shock:
SG-SOCOM

Got P90? Image
<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Fri May 08, 2009 1:28 am

You don't happen to know of a local place that I can get the dog tag silencers from, do you? I don't want to have to order them through the US Cav store and purchase a $1 item and have to pay like $5 for shipping.
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

Horus the Avenger

Captain
Captain

Post Fri May 08, 2009 7:39 pm

No worries. If we're talking around a $1, I'll pick up a set and mail them to you. PM me with the address. I have local access to all three Ranger Surplus stores in my area, even Vienna, VA. :)

Now if only I lived near Arundel Mills mall...!
SG-SOCOM

Got P90? Image
<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Fri May 08, 2009 10:07 pm

Yea, I live right close to Arundel Mills Mall. It can be great at times, and other times, not so great.

Yea, if you could hook me up with one of those things. If you are planning on coming up at the end of June for the cookout at Matt's, you can just wait until then to bring it up. I don't hardly use my dog tags unless I'm doing one of Matt's events or at a convention. So, it isn't a big rush.
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

Stitch

Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:31 pm

I can do custom or even screen accurate tags. Let me know if anyone needs something!

Our screen accurate ones are based off the exact info used on them tags for the show.
http://www.stitchsloft.com/loft/sg-1-sg ... -dog-tags/

[color=#8040FF]

SFH Non-Regional Team Executive Councilman
StargateHero.Net Chief of Operations
"THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard

Return to SG-1 & Movies