[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - Tactical Vests
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tactical Vests

<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:07 pm

Tactical Vests

Ok, I just got my vest yesterday, and it seems that it isn't what I need, especially if I'm going to be using it for Airsoft. It has plenty of pouches, but the pouches are made for paintball tubes or MP-5 clips, not M-4 clips. This is what I got:

http://www.majorsurplus.com/TAC-Equipme ... C1958.aspx

Does anybody know what tactical vest would be good for me for my M-4? It is hard to tell by the pictures, since they are not life-sized. Thanks.
Master Sergeant Ryan Taner
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:15 pm

Re: Tactical Vests

Check the Costume Guide pages for reference for your desired uniform/costume choice. Though the main two tactical vest uesed are the Blackhawk Medic Vest (SG-1 Style) and Blackhawk Omega Tactical vest (occassionally on SG-1 from season 7 forward, as well as, the main vest used on SGA). UTG, Infinity and Condor all make decent replicas of the Blackhawk Omega vest.

Hope the info helps.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:28 pm

Matt, that is the thing, this is the one that was on the Costume Guide for Marines. That is why I had ordered that one. I've looked at the other ones from Major Surplus and I've seen a couple of other ones that say they have 30 round mag pouches, but do not say what kind of clips they hold. Also, they have a pistol holster on the front of the vest. I had not been looking for a vest with the holster on the front, since I will have one on my leg. I was looking at the vest from Major Surplus that is modular, but I do not know how good those would be. Like how well the pouches will stay attached to the vest. It looks like they are put on with velcro, but the pictures are not easy to tell. Anybody have any luck with these or know of anybody that has gotten one? Thanks.
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:44 am

Matt Snyder

<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:25 pm

Actually, the reason I said it holds paintball tubes is because the description under the item says it does. :) Well, it says paintball loaders, which I figured is tubes.

Yea, I'll bring it next weekend and see what you guys can figure out with it.
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

The_Shadow

Colonel
Colonel

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:27 pm

I've looked at the picture on the link that you have provided. If you can fit a guppy (paintball tube) into the pouches, you can fit an M4 magazine. Tactical vests are all pretty much designed to hold all of the standard type modern assault weapon magazines. As far as the new style modular vests, you have the MOLLE, which if I remember right is the version that uses a multitude of horizontal staps, upon which you can fit a variety of pouches by the use of metal clips. The other style, which employs velcro, also has heavy duty snaps laid out in a uniform pattern which again, allows a variety of specialized pouchs with both velcro and snaps to be attached. This is the type that is currently be deployed by many of our police department special teams. The atvantage of both of these type vests is that it allows the user to "custom" outfit his/her vest with exactly the loadout that they think they will need, instead of trying o work out o a standard vest. A good example of this is tha most of the vests you see SOCOM members curently using, don't have a pouch big enough to fit the Motorola radios that most Police/Fire/First Responder Departments utilize. The Blackhawk and UTG vests DO have the MOLLE type straps in the BACK of the vest, and I have seen such type radio pouches mounted there, normally just behind the left shoulder blade. As Matt said, bring yours along to the next gthering. I'm pretty sure you will find that we will be able to put just about any type NATO magazine in it. (WARSAW Pact such as AK-47, are too curved to fit in... They require a special vest... Same with the P-90, as they tend to be too long to fit in, as we discovered when we were trying to get drop leg pouches for them)
COL. K.M. Collins
CO, SG-7 Omega
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
<<

Auggie

Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:06 am

I just purchased my Blackhawk Medic Vest for $59! Here is the link for interested parties:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/blomtaveme.html

I'll let folks know how it is when I receive it :)
Colonel Wayne Augustson
Team Leader, SG-2
(Independent SG Group)
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Wow, very very good deal. Thanks for sharing it with us. Will be kewl to see the addition to your gear. :-)
Matt Snyder

<<

Stitch

Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:28 pm

[color=#8040FF]

SFH Non-Regional Team Executive Councilman
StargateHero.Net Chief of Operations
"THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
<<

Stitch

Airman First Class
Airman First Class

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Anyone looking for a vest I still have some really nice ones and willing to offer some discounts to members here! Maybe help you finish up that D-Con costume you been dragging on for so long?

[color=#8040FF]

SFH Non-Regional Team Executive Councilman
StargateHero.Net Chief of Operations
"THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard

Return to SG-1 & Movies