[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - BDU/ACU/TRU/etc
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BDU/ACU/TRU/etc

<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:44 pm

BDU/ACU/TRU/etc

Ok. I am looking into the uniform now. I am looking first for a Marine Uniform with the Digital Woodland pattern. I've gone to several sites, with only a couple of them seeming to carry this pattern. I've seen Twill, RipStop and Battle Rip used in the naming of the products/material. I know Twill is just "regular" clothing material. RipStop I believe is the material used by the military, although don't know what it does. What is Battle Rip? Is that basically just RipStop? Here is a link to it:

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/Store ... oducts.asp

It is made by Propper.

Or if anybody has a great link to RipStop material for Digital Woodland MARPAT, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Master Sergeant Ryan Taner
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: BDU/ACU/TRU/etc

The MARPAT woodland digital is available at most locations. US Cav has them at the following link... and and from our newest vendor and on the 3rd page of MARPAT items you'll find a set for $55 before discount and S&H.

To my knowledge Ripstop vs. Battle Ripstop concern the poly/cotton blend of the fabric itself. Also the latter vendor also sells just the MARPAT material.

I've also went through the current Costume Guides and updated many uniform links to include the newest vendor. Remember to use the SG-SOCOM discount code when ordering and you'll receive 10% off the purchase.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:47 am

Yes, I had seen both of them. But, on both of those sites, it doesn't tell me if it is Twill or Ripstop. Not sure what the blend calculations are for Ripstop vs Twill, so I wasn't sure which those were.
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:49 am

If I'm not mistaken, all the uniforms being made in the digital patterns are Ripstop materials, not the 100% cotton twills that you can find the BDUs in. I know all the ACUs/TRUs that I've seen are poly/cotton Ripstop and I'm seeing much the same for the MARPAT and CADPAT, etc.
Matt Snyder

<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:57 pm

Hhmm...I'm not sure which uniform(s) I've seen this, but I've seen them use Twill for a poly/cotton blend. Is this right? (I haven't really been a costumer with all the tech talk about it, I just generally buy off the rack for RenFest clothes and have Karla/Tom help me out in that sense).
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:11 am

Oh, by the way, that set that you pointed out looked great. Good news is that they are authentic Marine BDUs. Bad news is, the largest they make is Medium...or at least the largest they sell is Medium. Wont fit my butt. Guess I'll just have to go with the other Woodland Digital on there.
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:57 am

Call the store and ask them for what you need. They're extremely helpful and should be able to help you out. Also mention the group to get your discount.
Matt Snyder

<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:52 am

I did email them about that particular set and that is what they told me in response. I'm just going to go with the other set of MARPAT BDUs that are there.
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:37 am

OK, so its not that they don't have MARPAT uniforms in your size, but rather that their bundled set is not offered in your size?
Matt Snyder

<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:43 pm

That is correct. Also, that bundled set is different than what they sell individually. The bundled set, and I quote, "The sets are limited because they are military issue." I guess with the other MARPAT, they aren't military issue?? They do say that they are a 65/35 poly/cotton twill, which isn't going to be military issue.
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:12 pm

Don't get to confused about the poly/cotton blend issues. Remember the 10' rule... and ripstop is not noticable at 10'. Also, using my ACUs as an example... the military issued ACUs have the IR tape on them, the non-mil issued/purchased ones do not have that. I would assume that such might be the case with the MARPAT as mil issue, but can not be certain. Also, I think my mil issue BDUs were a 65/35 poly/cotton blend as well... yes they were ripstop. I also have the heavier cotton twill BDUs as well.
Matt Snyder

<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:15 pm

When I went through Basic down at Ft. Benning, someone told me that the military issue BDUs has some kind of treatment or something for something another (it has been too long for me to remember this exactly). They also said that washing them (maybe a certain way) that this treatment will come out. Anybody know anything about this?? This was back in the mid-90s.
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:25 pm

Yes, washing the military issue uniforms is a problem as many use detergents with color brighteners, as well as, starching their uniforms. Both reduce the chemicals used to reduce, however, even with the right detergents, these chemicals will eventually be washed out anyway. Having said all that... these are costumes... not meant to go to war in. LOL
Matt Snyder

<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:38 pm

Oh, I know that. I was just wondering if anybody knew about it. I wasn't sure if ripstop was the kind that did that or what. Not really up with material things and such, just know what I prefer.
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:48 pm

Has anybody had any problems with Barre Army/Navy store website in placing an order? I put in my order, put my correct address and everything in and then put in my credit card information and it kept coming back declined because my address on file with the credit card (debt card) did not match what I put down for my info. I know I have the money. I know what address my credit card goes to and I know my own address. Has this been a problem with them in the past or is this something that has not been heard of before?
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:52 pm

I just placed an order through them last week. Already received confirmation of shipping. Not sure what the problem might be. Give them a call tomorrow during business hours.
Matt Snyder

<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:20 pm

Yea, that is what I was going to do. Wanted to see if there was any problems before I called. Thanks.
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:36 pm

Ok, found out what it is. It wasn't their website. There was some major outage today that affect credit unions (which I happen to be a member of) that took out or shutdown the database. They said a fix has been done, but they don't know how long it will take to filter through all credit card numbers.
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:38 am

I this seems like the right place to look for a little help putting together a SG1 unifom. For quite some time now I've been thinking of putting together a uniform and figured that I'll start with the OD garrison one, it seemed like a good one to start with but now I've run into some trouble.

Is it hard to find good OD 2-pocket BDU shirts these days? I've got the one Quartermaster sells but it's the poly/cotton ripstop and its rather stiff. And I got the impression they use a rather more cottonish one on the show. Do you folks know if there is any other versions of the shirt aviable somewhere? There seems to be a few others out there, but not in OD.

Then we have the velcro patches on the sholders. Are these custom made or is there a version with these.

Im greatful for all help.
NAME: ... that new guy Dr Jackson dragged in.
CALLSIGN: DustyBadger
ASSIGNMENT: ... dont know yet, but it seems to have something to do with those early Asgardian artefacts SG1 found on Nifelheim.

I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City, part 1.
<<

shifty

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:43 am

NAME:Rob Antilles
CALLSIGN:Shifty
ASSIGNMENT:Atlantis
Member of SG-7 (Australia)
Next