[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - Boots
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Boots

<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:38 am

Boots

Ok, I seem to be having a problem with deciding on some boots to get. Sure, I have my old Army issue clothes, but I wanted to start off with a new uniform for this group and not use my original uniform. So, I decided to first look at boots, as I should get them first and wear them a little so I can break them in before Shore Leave. I went to look at the one from Quartermaster, but it appears they are no longer being sold there. So, then I go to the other sites and find hundreds of boots to look through. So, I'm wondering, what works, what doesn't, as I saw on the costume guide that jungle boots aren't accepted. But, most of the boots that I see are called jungle boots. So, I'd like to ask everybody here, what kind of boots have you found work well and are comfortable and don't cost a hundred dollars or more. This is just a costume and I probably would not use these boots for anything else besides that. I would pull out my "jungle boots" I got in the Army and use them for airsoft and paintball events like I have in the past. :)
Master Sergeant Ryan Taner
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:06 am

Re: Boots

Hmm, not sure how you missed the boots at the Quartermaster, but here is the direct link. They are actually magnum Response IIs, I guess I should clear that up on the costume guides to avoid this problem in the future.

Other similar boots include:

I hope these links help.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:36 am

Yes that does, Matt. Thank you.
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

Lt.Ackerson

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:39 am

If you remeber at Farpoint I was wearing the Magnum Response IIs non-Side Zip (I tucked the laces into the boots that's why you didn't see much of them). Here's the Quartermaster Uniforms link and not a bad price at $54.99 a pair before shipping.
Sean "Nightstick" Ackerson
Lieutenant USN Iliad Flight ops CAG
VXS-223 "Ghost Hawks" Leader
SGC
Saddle up, lock and load.
LT Stoddard USN (on )
iPod Touch post color
<<

axzanier

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:22 am

Piffle. That's fine for you menfolk, but what about us wimmen with smaller than size 7 feet.

I need a 6.5 wide in men's footwear and those are insanely difficult to find, I've learned.
Nobody knows the trouble I've been...
~AXZ
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:03 am

The LawPro boots are available in smaller sizes than the Magnum Response boots. We had the same issue for Tatiana. The LawPro's are almost identical to the Magnums anyway. I think that I ordered both my Magnums and her Law Pro's from Quartermaster, though via the phone.
Matt Snyder

<<

axzanier

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:08 pm

Thanks. I'll see if I can hunt down a pair.
Nobody knows the trouble I've been...
~AXZ
<<

The_Shadow

Colonel
Colonel

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:43 pm

Whatever you do, DON'T get the Magnums with the side zipper. Although the boots themselves are nice and comfy, the zippers are poorly made and fail very easily. I barely had my pair 4 months when the zipper on the left boot totally failed beyond repair. I ave since just stiched up he side and do the laces like an ordinary pair of boots. I will probably get another pair of Magnums because they are extremely comfortable (I wear them literally every day-they are ideal for the job), but they will be the normal type, not side zips.
COL. K.M. Collins
CO, SG-7 Omega
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:05 pm

Hmm, I've never had a problem with my Magnum zippers, nor has Tatiana had a problem with the Law Pro's either. We'll keep an eye out for such problems though.
Matt Snyder

<<

The_Shadow

Colonel
Colonel

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:41 pm

I probably had the problem that I did because I wear my Magnums every day. A set of para-military boots goes well and looks profesonal with the uniform that I wear. However, the zipper isn't strong enough to be used as the primary means of "lacing" the boot up, as it were. They only seem to be good enough for the occasional use in that fasion. Lt. Knight has had simliar problems on three different pairs of Magnums. From now on, I think we are jus goin to stick with regular lace up magnums.
COL. K.M. Collins
CO, SG-7 Omega
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:40 am

Yea, I was kinda in a hurry when I ordered the boots and didn't notice that they were the zip up kind. I've never had one, but they just do not seem durable if used ruggedly. Just my opinion. Also, they would not seem to be leak proof as well, as most zippers aren't that way to being with.
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
<<

Rasputin

Post Thu May 29, 2008 8:30 am

Comfort vs. Durability. A very hard choice to make. I usually opt for durability in anything I purchase, but I prefer to get a ballance of both. especially when your feet are one of the most important things to take care of. How are the Law Pro's on comfort?

Return to SG-1 & Movies