[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - Airsoft weapons
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Airsoft weapons

<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: Airsoft weapons

Hibson,
If you're thinking about a prop for Rose City Comic Con, here's what their website says:

"No functional weapons are allowed at the Rose City Comic Con. DO NOT BRING REAL SWORDS, GUNS OR ANY TYPE OF AUTHENTIC WEAPON TO THE SHOW. Only props are allowed. Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as part of your costume. No projectile weapons (including but not limited to airsoft or paintball weapons) will be allowed! Weapons with a metal blade, regardless if it is dull or sharp, are prohibited!" - See more at:

It then goes on to say...
"All prop firearms must have an orange cap on the barrel. Weapons which are capable of firing (Nerf guns, bows, etc) must be rendered inoperable. Projectiles are forbidden." - See more at:

Might want to send them an email inquiry. These two items seem a tad contradictory.
John Altermott
Call Sign: "Flat Top" (JAltermott)
Maj., United States Air Force
CO, S2- Intelligence
SG-22 - SEALs (Team Pilot) - Fireteam Bravo
USS ILIAD (TDY) - Stargate Command
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
<<

Hibson

Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member

Post Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:23 am

Aye, I shall definitely-do that. Since well...an "authentic" weapon could be a prop...most airsofts are realistic replicas lol. "Rendered inoperable" makes it seem like we'd have to remove the gearboxes or seal the movable parts and such. So confusing! I'll let you know how the inquiry goes.
Hibson
Second Lieutenant, United States Army
SG-22 - SEALs (SAR/HR expert)
Stargate Command
<<

bluejedi

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:52 am

Yes, please let us know if your inquiry adds clarity to Rose City's stated policies. I was feeling a bit confused by it myself. Thanks.
Lt. Michael Fiederowicz
CO, SG-22 - SEALs
USS ILIAD (TDY)
SGC
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:41 am

These types of confusing rules regarding props is one of the reasons I went with a zat for my sidearm.
John Altermott
Call Sign: "Flat Top" (JAltermott)
Maj., United States Air Force
CO, S2- Intelligence
SG-22 - SEALs (Team Pilot) - Fireteam Bravo
USS ILIAD (TDY) - Stargate Command
<<

bluejedi

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:57 pm

The other year when I went to the New York Comic Con with Wilson, they temporarily confiscated his sidearm until we left. They nabbed it, because it was too heavy they said. I was able to cruise on in w/my lightweight springer Sig P226.

We found out from security that New York City actually some pretty strict gun laws & that they cover airsoft as well. The NYCC web page failed to mention that.
Lt. Michael Fiederowicz
CO, SG-22 - SEALs
USS ILIAD (TDY)
SGC
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:26 pm

Blue, Airsoft is illegal in New York City, I'm surprised that the conn promoter did not mention that fact.
Hibson, If you want a replica of the guns seen on the show, you can get a cheap spring powered airsoft gun from many of the airsoft websites. You can remove the gear box and glue in the magazine, this would render the gun inoperable. Well makes inexpensive spring powered replicas of the M16, M4, and P90. One of our former members had a similar problem, he lives in Australia and airsoft is illegal there. All the guns he got as props had to be rendered inoperable just to get them into the country. He purchased prop guns from a vender here in the states, but I don't remember where. I'll go back over his posts and see what I can find for you.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
CO:SG- Prometheus
SG-SOCOM
CO:Team Prometheus Airsoft
Owner: Symweap Airsoft
" Beware Merlin, for he knows all things by the Devil's craft "
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:25 pm

LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
SG-SOCOM
<<

Naasad Tal

General Forum Member
General Forum Member

Post Sat May 17, 2014 6:32 pm

This is why I love living in Arizona. We don't have anywhere NEAR as many problems as we are a right to carry state. For cons, as long as there are no bb's in the gun & you let them wrap a colored zip tie (usually orange) around the trigger, you're good to go. That being said I WILL make sure the battery is NOT in my p90 & all my mags are empty just to make sure.

I'm not a serious airsofter, but I would imagine a spring sniper rifle would do well in a field run. Granted you would want a high end spring gun, but with the power & range available in a spring, I wouldn't mind having a spring gun with me up a tree to plink away at the competion with. I would, however, want a high end AEG assault rifle & probably a gas pistol for any fast games.
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Tue May 27, 2014 7:46 pm

After seeing all the thought being given to what type of weapon to use for a Stargate costume, to use an AR platform or a P90, I thought you all might appreciate this. Echo 1 has released an airsoft gun that combines the best of both worlds, The AR-57. The AR-57 is a modified M4/M16 platform that uses the magazines from the P90. "What's that" you say, it's true, Echo 1 has replicated the real steel AR-57. As a die-hard airsofter I find this to be just a bit exotic to use as a field gun, but just unique enough to be a great costume prop,( just be sitting when you see the price) To see more detailed info follow this link http://www.evike.com/products/46061/

Don't miss Matt's (that's Matt from Evike) video on this very unique airsoft weapon. Take a look and let us know what you think.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
SG-SOCOM
<<

Hibson

Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member

Post Wed May 28, 2014 12:49 am

Uh, what the?! That looks very weird and not at all like I thought it would when you said a mix of M4 and P90, Merlin :D That price tag too....no. Thanks for sharing!
Hibson
Stargate Command
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Wed May 28, 2014 2:19 am

LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
SG-SOCOM
<<

Hibson

Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member

Post Wed May 28, 2014 2:25 am

"Why" all the time... I just don't see the need. I'm also not into airsoft enough yet to shell out big bucks for a gun. We bought a Scorpion AEG for $100 to scare deer off and I spent $20 on a 92FS for the uniform I have :)
Hibson
Stargate Command
Previous

Return to Costume & Prop Discussion Area