[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - BDUs & SG uniforms
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BDUs & SG uniforms

<<

michaelborawski

Senior Airman
Senior Airman

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: BDUs & SG uniforms

Michael Borawski
Omega Sector
SG Team "SHADOWHUNTERS"
SG Team 4 SGT Mikhail Borawski
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:48 pm

I have got two OD shirts from Quartermaster Uniforms, and yes the shipping was nasty. Unfortunately they are of the polyester heavy fabric, but they will do without doubt. I have also noted that the shirt is a wee bit bell-shaped as it is meant to be tucked in. I'll have a look at the 5/11 though :D
NAME: ... that new guy Dr Jackson dragged in.
CALLSIGN: DustyBadger
ASSIGNMENT: ... dont know yet, but it seems to have something to do with those early Asgardian artefacts SG1 found on Nifelheim.

I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City, part 1.
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:57 pm

I took a look over at 5/11 Tactical and couldn't find any 2-pocket BDU shirts, or something similar, at all. :(
ASSIGNMENT: ... dont know yet, but it seems to have something to do with those early Asgardian artefacts SG1 found on Nifelheim.

<<

michaelborawski

Senior Airman
Senior Airman

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:05 pm

Michael Borawski
Omega Sector
SG Team "SHADOWHUNTERS"
<<

shifty

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:18 am

Not sure if I said this earlier, but jump on eBay and look under BDU's. Propper has the two pocket BDU, about the only brand I've found with it

(A few minutes later after checking ebay)

OK I just had a look over on eBay.. I see what you mean by the shipping!! I found some 2 pocket BDU's on there for about $24, but the the shipping was about $39.....
NAME:Rob Antilles
CALLSIGN:Shifty
ASSIGNMENT:Atlantis
Member of SG-7 (Australia)
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:28 am

5/11 have the tactical TDU but it seems like they look rather different from the 2 pocket BDU.

There are indeed some 2 pocket shirts out there still, so we SG-fans can relax a littel bit at least. Many of the propper ads though seems to be US shipping only.

<<

michaelborawski

Senior Airman
Senior Airman

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:01 am

Michael Borawski
Omega Sector
SG Team "SHADOWHUNTERS"
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Yes, I ordered two shirts from them some time ago. They have both the Propper and the LawPro versions. Unfortunately the shipping outside the US is astronomical. Almost.

<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:28 am

Hello there! I was watching the season 8 episode Moebius pt 1 and what did I see? At the beginning of the episode O'Neill is bored by a member of SG-22 showing mineral samples and that SG-22 member is wearing a 4-pocket BDU shirt :shock:

I have obviously been damaged by hanging out with you guys noticing such things :)

<<

michaelborawski

Senior Airman
Senior Airman

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:55 am

I been watching also..and I have seen black t shirts, sleeve less t-shirts, tank tops, buttoned BDU shirts, unbuttoned, no shirt. For a military unit they don't have much uniformity. :D
Michael Borawski
Omega Sector
SG Team "SHADOWHUNTERS"
<<

bluejedi

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:44 pm

Yeah! SG-22 got some screen time. It's not our 22, but hey i'll take it.

It must be because of their command's super secret status that they are given a bit of leeway in their uniform standards.
Lt. Michael Fiederowicz
CO, SG-22 - SEALs
USS ILIAD (TDY)
SGC
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

michaelborawski

Senior Airman
Senior Airman

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:07 am

Michael Borawski
Omega Sector
SG Team "SHADOWHUNTERS"
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Wed May 02, 2012 2:28 am

Hello there!

I have found a site that have a closeout on 2-pocket BDUs, and they have them in 100% cotton and Olive :D Not all that common these days. It is propper, but stil.

<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Wed May 02, 2012 7:21 am

The only problem with the closeout offering is that these BDU tops are meant to be tucked in, so they taper at the waist. Won't look or fit right I would suspect when worn untucked.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Wed May 02, 2012 10:57 am

So tapper is the new word of the day. Never heard it before, but I guess it means that they are a bit bell-shaped or the like? I must say that I have a realy hard time finding 2-pocket BDUs that isnt. :(

<<

Lt.Ackerson

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Wed May 02, 2012 12:53 pm

I've personally been using Urban Digital BDUs as they are the closest things I can get to the new Navy Work Uniform I can get my hands on as a civilian. I have two styles of the Urban Digitals one set is setup the same way as the current MARPATs and the other is setup like the ACUs. I tend to wear black BDU pants for work and only once for a convention when I had to work the Sunday morning of the con.

I think Matt meant taper and his "P" key stuck on him, I've had my external roll away key board give me double letters at times.
Sean "Nightstick" Ackerson
Lieutenant USN Iliad Flight ops CAG
VXS-223 "Ghost Hawks" Leader
SGC
Saddle up, lock and load.
LT Stoddard USN (on )
iPod Touch post color
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Wed May 02, 2012 12:59 pm

Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

michaelborawski

Senior Airman
Senior Airman

Post Wed May 02, 2012 1:07 pm

Michael Borawski
Omega Sector
SG Team "SHADOWHUNTERS"
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Thu May 03, 2012 2:34 am

I've been looking for the OD 2-pocket BDUs in 100% cotton for some while now without luck, so if any of you guys stumbles across a site that still have them, please let me know.

<<

Lt.Ackerson

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Thu May 03, 2012 4:52 am

The NWUs are a mixture of dark blues with black. The NWUs aren't available for civilians to purchase at surplus stores yet and Urban Digital is cannon for Marines on Atlantis for off world missions. I'm hoping that the NWUs will be available soon but will make do with Urbans for the time being.
Sean "Nightstick" Ackerson
Lieutenant USN Iliad Flight ops CAG
VXS-223 "Ghost Hawks" Leader
SGC
Saddle up, lock and load.
LT Stoddard USN (on )
iPod Touch post color
PreviousNext

Return to Costume & Prop Discussion Area