FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Props, Models, and other designs in my head

<<

Jacentk2

Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member

Post Sun May 01, 2011 10:24 pm

Props, Models, and other designs in my head

Props, Models, and other designs in my head.

These are in no particular order after the first one. The first is what is already in progress....after that I am not sure what I will jump to.

I have begun making some items (and thinking of new ones) in my spare time. While they are not cannon nor may they be 100% accurate, they will have a strong SG flair about them.

The first item I am working on is a scale model of a Stryker. Yes it's very modern and very Army, however, I will intend on painting it in an SG scheme. And besides, we'd still need some sort of Ground Assault Vehicle for the SG troops.

I also have some extra "Modern day Military" models that will be decked out in SG style. The intent is to make a display with troops in the Stryker and troops on patrol on walking near it.....much like you'd see in Iraq/Afghanistan.

Third, I have an idea and some of the supplies needed to make a KINO. The Kino will not fly, but it will be able to record video...however there will be a cable running from it to a device that should look much like that of the hand-held device remote seen in SGU. All that I currently lack is a certain cable and some acrylic.

Forth, not only was I going to make a Stryker...but was also thinking of an SG-styled Tank.....more to follow on that.

Fifth, long ago I was going to make a full size spinning and lighted Gate. Now that I am in a different situation....I am more settled about making a scaled down version. I just need to adapt the original plans and go from there.

I am also thinking about making some sort of UAS that will have a camera on it as well. I would then have it feed into a computer and perhaps use it for outdoor airsoft....just need to get a new laptop though, since mine is dead. This is perhaps the most expensive item in my head but I feel the urge to get into the sport. (By the way: UAS stands for Unmanned Ariel System the new term for UAV, Unmanned Ariel Vehicle).
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Tue May 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Re: Props, Models, and other designs in my head

On an RC site I stumbled onto I saw a 1/8 scale model of a Predator Drone that was capable of mounting a camera and transmitter. This might be a good basis for the UAS you want to build.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
CO:SG- Prometheus
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
CO:Team Prometheus Airsoft
Owner: Symweap Airsoft
" Beware Merlin, for he knows all things by the Devil's craft "
<<

Jacentk2

Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member

Post Thu May 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Send the site pls?
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Fri May 06, 2011 2:55 am

Will do just let me find it again.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
SG-SOCOM
<<

Jacentk2

Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member

Post Sat May 07, 2011 7:02 pm

Current R&D has slowed to near halt. In-bound travelers and the rebuilding of a fully active R&D slow progress.

All projects stated earlier still in works....have got the 'trainer' plane for UAV training. Once normality has returned, will attempt to obtain the designs Merlin speaks of.
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Tue May 10, 2011 5:10 am

OK I found them again, the videos are on u-tube

The first is under the title: RC Predator Drone-Get the plans at http://www.buildafoamie.com/products html
The second : MQ-9 Reaper RC UAV Drone/ Predator 98" wingspan.
According to the video they are available from www.nitroplanes.com and http://www.HobbyPartz.com

also there is a vidio of an rc predator being attacked and "shot down" by a bird.

Hope this helps.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
SG-SOCOM
<<

Jacentk2

Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member