[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - Articles & References Wanted
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Articles & References Wanted

<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Articles & References Wanted

Folks, the SG-1, SGA and SGU subforums are the best place to discuss costume & prop ideas, as well as, to ask questions. While most of our focus has been on the Tau'ri side of the fence, we welcome info and discussions on all the alien races as well. I will also be completing the SGU Costume Guides shortly and hope to get something going on the Jaffa, Tok'ra, Ori and Wraith in the near future, as there can be no fair accounting of SG costumes, without these elements being covered as well.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

Vespid

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:09 pm

Re: Articles & References Wanted

here is a great resource

Michael Kehs as
Michael 'Vespid' Williams
10th SFS, Tau'ri Furies
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
<<

Paradine

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:35 pm

The Tok'ra Resistance website also has costume resources at the following:

http://www.tokraresistance.com/costumes.html

That page has links to the tutorials for both styles of costumes, plus how to make fake tripe & a ribbon device.

In addition, there is a link to an extensive photo album featuring costumes & prop references and costumes made by Tok'ra Resistance group members.

They are well worth a look. 8)
Capt. Diana "Paradine" Hunt, USAF
Senior Medical Officer, USS Iliad
SG-Operations

"Doctor, this is why you brought me here."
Colonel John Sheppard

"That's what I'm talkin' about."
Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:55 am

Yes, I'm familar with each site and have a membership on the latter's site. I am reaching out to both, in an effort to get permission to use their materials to help build the respective Costume Guides for these races, here on our site. Sometimes its easier for fans, when they have a common repository of information to go to, instead of so many different sites and forums.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Speaking of references, how is the SG1 ultimate visual guide? Worth to buy? And compared to Approaching the impossible There is some good reference material on line, but I like books.
NAME: ... that new guy Dr Jackson dragged in.
CALLSIGN: DustyBadger
ASSIGNMENT: ... dont know yet, but it seems to have something to do with those early Asgardian artefacts SG1 found on Nifelheim.

I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City, part 1.
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:59 pm

I'm Surprised that no one has answered your question Dusty. With all the folks here I thought someone would be familiar with these two publications, sad to say I'm not one of them, but I felt compelled to say something and not leave you hanging.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
CO:SG- Prometheus
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
CO:Team Prometheus Airsoft
Owner: Symweap Airsoft
" Beware Merlin, for he knows all things by the Devil's craft "
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:22 am

Awfully nice of you Merlin. I have actually bought both of them now so I can answer it my self.

SG1 ultimate visual guide
Is a feast for the eye. As the title says it is more or less made up of pictures with some good close ups and a good starting point for anyone interested in SG1 and costuming. At least to give you ideas and inspiration. The DVD that comes with it is nothing new though as most, or perhaps all, of the material on is can be found in the extramaterial on the ordinary SG1 DVDs.

Approaching the impossible
Is an ordinary episodeguide with very few pictures. It is rather fun to read the comments about some of the episodes as the author seems to have given the show a though or two ... mostly. But from a costuming standpoint it is useless.

So how about the official episode guides? Has anyone had a look at those?
NAME: ... that new guy Dr Jackson dragged in.
CALLSIGN: DustyBadger
ASSIGNMENT: ... dont know yet, but it seems to have something to do with those early Asgardian artefacts SG1 found on Nifelheim.

I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City, part 1.

Return to Costume & Prop Discussion Area