FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ode to Walmart: Brahma Boots

<<

Horus the Avenger

Captain
Captain

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Ode to Walmart: Brahma Boots

Have you seen these things!? As close to Magnum boots as you can come for an import knockoff- available exclusive at Chez Walmart...they even come (standard?) wide width. I normally have trouble trying to find shoes my size, but bless them, Walmart has...everything!

Look for the 'Swat' line. These are difficult to distinguish from the Response boot, and make a great extra pair for the field.
Tom Lapcharoen (Captain, SG-Operations) as
Major Nathan "Blazer" Tom
SG Hellfire - Team Member
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
For Freedom. For Honor. For Earth.

Got P90? Image
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards: test award

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Ode to Walmart: Brahma Boots

Another boot which is similar to the Magnum Response boot is LawPro's PursuitPro Side Zip Boot, which can also be found in smaller sizes than Magnum's and a good source for those with small feet (ie my wife and son, when he was younger) It's scary that he now wears a size 10 1/2 and he's only 12 yrs old.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

Daedalus

Major
Major

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:00 pm

I got a very nice pair of boots called Herman Survivors at Walmart not cannon to the show but extremely comfy.
Bvt Maj. Yuriy Korolev
CO, S5 - Civil-Military Operations
10th SFS, Tau'ri Furies - Sqdn Member
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom

<<

Horus the Avenger

Captain
Captain

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:52 pm

DeryniLord wrote:Another boot which is similar to the Magnum Response boot is LawPro's PursuitPro Side Zip Boot, which can also be found in smaller sizes than Magnum's and a good source for those with small feet (ie my wife and son, when he was younger) It's scary that he now wears a size 10 1/2 and he's only 12 yrs old.

Glad to know there are other alternatives to the Magnum Response for taking to the field; the Lawpro line averaged higher marks from users overall as the 'real deal' for daily LE/mil use, but for occasional airsoft it's hard to beat the price of the Brahmas...

Daedalus wrote:I got a very nice pair of boots called Herman Survivors at Walmart not cannon to the show but extremely comfy.

Yep, saw those as well. People complain alot about comfort, but there's definitely something to be said about finding the right size. I don't think some consumers really know what size they're supposed to get, although to be fair, I'll give the process a C-, in that feet come in all sorts of lengths and widths which most stores don't factor in. Who can afford custom shoes?

It's nice to have the canon stuff, but just as nice to not have to pay a premium every time you want gear to mess around in...
Tom Lapcharoen (Captain, SG-Operations) as
Major Nathan "Blazer" Tom
SG Hellfire - Team Member
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
For Freedom. For Honor. For Earth.

Got P90? Image
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards: test award

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:35 am

Actually the LawPro's were less expensive than the Magnum's... but then again my views might be slanted, as I'm use to $200 and up for what I wore in the SCA... renaissance styled thigh-high boots aren't cheap, so Magnums or LawPros are a welcome change.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies

Return to Costume & Prop Discussion Area