FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Continuity with Galactica Classic

<<

Horus the Avenger

Captain
Captain

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Continuity with Galactica Classic

Had to get this off my chest- much as I miss Don Davis, I am very glad of the man who took his place eventually. I found myself missing BGC terribly the last few days, maybe just out of the blue or for whatever other reasons. I was pleased to learn that these have also been added to HuluVision, although with all of the tech problems involving Runtime, I'll probably just get the DVD collection.

There was a special two-part episode, one of my favorites from the original Battlestar, called 'The Living Legend'. A classic featuring the legendary Lloyd Bridges, playing Commander Cain. Years later, Lloyd III, known to us as Beau Bridges, would take the helm of Stargate Command in a fitting tribute to a sideways notion of continuity. These many years later, I'm still quite miffed that they cancelled BGC after a mere single season. With performances or appearances by the likes of Lorne Greene, Fred Astaire, John Colicos, etc. etc. I can see why :? :roll: I understand ABC's reluctance over budget issues, but it was still a bonehead move. Just an example of a network not having the slightest idea of what they had.

One season, and people still talk about it. They even re-imagined the show, although for the faithful...well, it's not easy for some of us to get into the new series, but that's a whole different topic...
Tom Lapcharoen (Captain, SG-Operations) as
Major Nathan "Blazer" Tom
SG Hellfire - Team Member
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
For Freedom. For Honor. For Earth.

Got P90? Image
<<

Auggie

Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member

Post Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: Continuity with Galactica Classic

Loved it as a kid, hate it as an adult. Gimme 're-imagined' BSG any day...

My opinion, however your milage may vary.
Colonel Wayne Augustson
Team Leader, SG-2
(Independent SG Group)
<<

Horus the Avenger

Captain
Captain

Post Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Oh yeah, there are some things about BGC that I can't stand as an adult, but I would never characterize my feelings for it overall as anything approximating hate, and probably never will.

Others couldn't have said it better, so I won't repeat our feelings which won't change. Something about the charm, innocence, nobility and a somewhat ineffable otherworldly quality keeps me loyal to the original, after thirty years since BGC first aired...
SG-SOCOM

Got P90? Image
<<

fireball

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:34 pm

unfortunately single season cancelations have been quite common with shows i like. earth 2, space: above and beyond, and bsg classic are all perfect examples.
<<

Horus the Avenger

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:16 am

I'm gonna also use this thread as a starting point for anyone amongst our group who is interested in BGC/BGR costuming, as I've always wanted to over the years.

Colonial Warrior/Viper Pilot for yours truly, of course :mrgreen:

I've been to cons that didn't have R2 units or Cylons. Don't think for a minute that these are not badly missed...!
SG-SOCOM

Got P90? Image

Return to Other SG Related Discussion