[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - Falling Skies - TNT
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Falling Skies - TNT

<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Re: Falling Skies - TNT

Anybody catch last night's episode? I knew that something wasn't kosher with the newcomer. Reminded me of Col. Wolf from the Robotech New Generation series.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Yep. I didn't realize what he was up to until he told Hal they were taking a different route. Much better episode last night for me. Less cheese and more gritty reality of the situation. And the child actors who play Jimmy and Ben take it to another level. They seem genuine and have the energy the show needed to make me care.
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color

<<

SG-PRC

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Re: Falling Skies Sucks - TNT

I've been watching this show since it came out...maybe because I'm becoming a masochist. This show reminds me of one of those 'D' syfy channel movies made into a series. I keep hoping it will get better but it just gets worse. It's like extra cheese on a hotdog float.

As my Mystery Science Theater 3000 humor has kicked in, I've enjoy adding commentary as I watch the show...And strangely enough I can psychically guess what the characters will say and do before it happens...or maybe the plot line is so thin and transparent.

The 'Skitters' (the alien bad guys) or as I call them the 'Skittles' (fruit-flavoured candies), should just kill off or enslave all the cardboard humans characters and be done with it.

When I think of shows like SGU or Firefly being canceled, and then shows like this make it on air, I can only conclude that the general viewing audience's IQs are dropping at an accelerated rate.
Capt. Anthony J. Tesoriero
Nu Sector Coordinator
CO, UNSGO
SGC
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom

'AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM'
<<

Paradine

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:04 pm

Just wanted to add that I've been watching Falling Skies from the beginning and, to my surprise, I like it. It does have reminders of BSG in the mix (Mark Verheiden is an Executive Producer) and seems to be more believable than the recent reboot of V, IMO.

The series has already been renewed for another season, starting in the summer of 2012. Guess the suits at TNT really like those ratings very well, especially in the 18-49 adult demo advertisers love. ;)
Last edited by Paradine on Tue May 22, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capt. Diana "Paradine" Hunt, USAF
Senior Medical Officer, USS Iliad
SG-Operations

"Doctor, this is why you brought me here."
Colonel John Sheppard

"That's what I'm talkin' about."
Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell
<<

Daedalus

Major
Major

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Falling Skies Sucks - TNT

To be honest I think SGU has grown on all of us even with all the negitivity that we gave. I don't think we have ajusted back to a light story that ends in happy endings. I think we should give the show more time so we ajust to the shows mood.
Bvt Maj. Yuriy Korolev
CO, S5 - Civil-Military Operations
10th SFS, Tau'ri Furies - Sqdn Member
SG-SOCOM

<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:33 am

I think there's a place for all kinds of scifi stories and many different types of people who will like or hate them. LOL

I like some things about Falling Skies, but overall the characters are pretty two dimensional. Did see some changes to that with this past episode and hope the trend continues.
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color

<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:16 pm

This past episode was the best one yet and there are only two left! I enjoyed everything up until the end (as I thought the explanation Mason gave Pope was flimsy even though it was obvious to set up the ending plot point).

I am convinced that Rick has been taken over by the Skitters and the kids are some sort of vessels used for breeding. Pretty sick, but that seems to be the direction we're moving in. We'll see!!

I still feel sorry for the girl that got snatched in the second episode because Hal hasn't mentioned her since!!
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color

<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:37 am

Hmm, anyone catch the last two episodes of the season? The finale was pretty good, though I hate cliff hangers... LOL
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies

<<

shifty

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:13 pm

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!! don't go past here if u haven't seen the last two eps!!!!!!!!

I thought the end was pretty good, though maybe a little predictable in some parts. I think Rick's story could have been a bit stronger. Also I thought they could have shown the attack on the tower, or parts of it, interspread with the defence of the school. And I'm not sure I liked the ending a lot. Was a little too much original V for my liking. I think the story has moved to quickly to get us to this point. But overall, I'm still loving this show
NAME:Rob Antilles
CALLSIGN:Shifty
ASSIGNMENT:Atlantis
Member of SG-7 (Australia)
<<

Daedalus

Major
Major

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:08 pm

I agree with you I wish they showed the tower battle. It would have made the ending more interesting. Plus the school battle wasn't a long battle anyway. But I still think it's a great show overall.
Bvt Maj. Yuriy Korolev
SG-SOCOM

<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:03 pm

I hated the ending! The probability of Mason hitting that ship and causing that chain reaction made me roll my eyes as much as the length of time it took them getting their butts whooped to realize they could use the aliens' own bullets against them.

Rick was interesting until that last scene when all of a sudden he thought about his dad again. It was just so off from what we had seen so far.

And the going into the ship with the alien at the end? Please.

Yeah, yeah. I'll probably forget how terrible and contrived it all was by next summer and watch it again, but they ahve got to give some meat to this sandwich is they expect me to eat it. :)
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color

<<

Daedalus

Major
Major

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:59 pm

I read somthing about the show that said that TNT was spending 2 million per episode. With that being said i would expect more from the show next season.
Bvt Maj. Yuriy Korolev
SG-SOCOM

<<

Paradine

Captain
Captain

Post Tue May 22, 2012 11:10 pm

I am planning to watch the Season 2 premiere (2-hour no less) on TNT June 17th, 9pm ET. Since I've heard that Sanctuary's Ryan Robbins is signing on for a recurring role, along with Colin Cunningham's John Pope breaking away from the 2nd Mass with his group of berserkers, I think it should be better than the last few eps of Season 1.

Check out the following also:
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/05/p ... eason-two/
http://www.scifistream.com/falling-skies/

The S2 premiere episode's title? "Worlds Apart."
Capt. Diana "Paradine" Hunt, USAF
Senior Medical Officer, USS Iliad
SG-Operations

"Doctor, this is why you brought me here."
Colonel John Sheppard

"That's what I'm talkin' about."
Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Wed May 23, 2012 7:22 am

I'm looking forward to the next season... 8)
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

shifty

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:18 pm

loving this show!! ive heard its just got renewed for a 4th season...hopefully it doesnt suffer from the 5 year itch which seems to see most scifi shows being cancelled after 5 years lately
NAME:Rob Antilles
CALLSIGN:Shifty
ASSIGNMENT:Atlantis
Member of SG-7 (Australia)
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:53 am

I have only watched the first two episodes so far, but it looks good. And I must say it gets extra points just for having someone with the name Moon Bloodgood.
So you think it is worth the time to find the rest of the season and keep looking?
NAME: ... that new guy Dr Jackson dragged in.
CALLSIGN: DustyBadger
ASSIGNMENT: ... dont know yet, but it seems to have something to do with those early Asgardian artefacts SG1 found on Nifelheim.

I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City, part 1.
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:54 am

Def Dusty...it just gets better and better! Last nights ep was AWESOME!
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Season finale of Falling Skies was really good...can't wait for next season!
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:41 am

Yeah, just hard to believe that next season is summer 2014.... errr.. :razz:
Matt Snyder