[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - Falling Skies - TNT
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Falling Skies - TNT

<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:30 am

Re: Falling Skies - TNT

LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:56 am

Finally watched it! I give it a B, primarily because it's scifi. More like Matrix meets Walking Dead vibe.

Some bits are predictable. Gee, I wonder why the mechs are bi-pedal? Duh. And I really disliked the outlaw part. They've made this Pope guy (think that's his name) completely one dimensional and unsympathetic. So when they try to give him redeeming qualities later on (and you know they will) I'm not gonna buy it. Some of the cheesy moments were forced and painful.

Loved Noah Wylie's character, though after his third soliloquy about history I kinda rolled my eyes. We get it! Looks like it will be entertaining overall though! Now that they've done all the introducing, I'm hoping for good things.
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:45 pm

We actually caught it on Monday or Tuesday via On Demand... thought the pilot was pretty good... has alot of potential... so lets see how things go and I hope that this show is a huge success... SciFi could use a great show right now.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies

<<

fireball

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:39 pm

as i am without cable and haven't a chance to see it yet i am relying on external opinion. i've heard that it's basically a mash-up of bsg and V. would that be a fair assumption?
<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:11 pm

don't see anything BSG about it really. Maybe a little V, but only becuase there are aliens on Earth in it...the premise, behavior and look of the aliens is totally different though.

It reminds me more of Matrix meets Walking Dead.
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color

<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:47 pm

LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:34 pm

I was thinking more War of the Worlds when I first started seeing the trailers.
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom

Well, excuse me for being a mere mortal. - Heero Yuy

<<

Daedalus

Major
Major

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:44 pm

I really like Falling Skies, the show could give more info on some of the characters pasts and how they came together. But over all I enjoy the show a lot.
Bvt Maj. Yuriy Korolev
CO, S5 - Civil-Military Operations
10th SFS, Tau'ri Furies - Sqdn Member
SG-SOCOM

<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:44 pm

I see a lot of potential character building with back stories as it starts to play out more. I love the little history lessons.

Conspiracy Theory Time!!!

It was something the teacher said about his student saying something about them using bidpedal machines, them having watched them. I started thinking.. what if that wasn't the only reason? Those "slings" on the back of the kids.. what if they do more than just control them? The one they killed at Smart had me thinking about that, when they cracked open the suit.
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM

<<

Preacher

Major
Major

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:48 pm

As a history fanatic it just tickles me when he goes on a rant on history....I think Noah Wiley has found a roll to sink his teeth into
Bvt Maj. Joey Bruner
CO, S6 - Communications
SG Shadow Hunters - XO
SG-SOCOM

<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:56 pm

I so agree with you on that.
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM

<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:06 pm

I'm actually finding I like Wylie's character more since he hasn't gone off on history rants since the first episode. I found it distracting. Now if he went into obscure history and wasn't mentioning the Trojans (because everyone knows about them). But that's just me.

I think the show has its good points. I do like to nitpick my scifi though! LOL Why would they ever think Pope, the murderous outlaw, would turn on them? Gee.

I absolutely LOVE these aliens. I did think it odd that they had them sleeping like bats when they are clearly more insectlike, but I let it slide. The scenes with the captive Skitter are the best of the whole series so far. I love it when the aliens aren't just patent baddies with no depth or reason. Gives some meat to the story.

As for the mechs. I thought from the moment that Uncle Scott mentioned them that the Skitters were using the kids to run them. They use the kids for all other slave labor so it isn't a big leap.
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color

<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:53 pm

This show is definately growing on me...very glad I gave it a chance.
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

shifty

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:17 am

the trojans??? are they neighbors of yours??

absolutely LOVING this show!!!!!!!!!
NAME:Rob Antilles
CALLSIGN:Shifty
ASSIGNMENT:Atlantis
Member of SG-7 (Australia)
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:55 am

We've been enjoying the show and TNT's promotion of the series and advertising is helping to market the show well... perhaps SyFy should take the hint for their own shows. With the similarities to Battle Los Angeles, I'm surprised that they didn't consider and official tie into the stories... and base it off of the movie...
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies

<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:29 pm

SPOILERS!!!!

Thank you for at least amping it up and killing off the surgeon. Creates some needed tension and suspense.

I hate to diss it too bad, but this show is trying too hard to show the humans being humans. I get it. I think they need to lighten up on the schmaltz and give us more plot line during each ep. This past one was so slow it almost put me to sleep. And considering a major development happened in this one that is just not good.
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color

<<

Daedalus

Major
Major

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:36 am

I think the show's main thing is humans being human. Even through it can get boring the show is showing humans at there best. If they didn't have that the show would be very much like SGU. At least this show has a light at the end of the tunnel.
Bvt Maj. Yuriy Korolev
CO, S5 - Civil-Military Operations
10th SFS, Tau'ri Furies - Sqdn Member
SG-SOCOM

<<

shifty

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:50 am

Very well said and a good observation
NAME:Rob Antilles
CALLSIGN:Shifty
ASSIGNMENT:Atlantis
Member of SG-7 (Australia)
<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:13 am

Maybe I just need more than humans being human. I don't know. I'm not sure I see the light though! Haha! But I just am hanging on for the teacher to go old school Starbuck and Apollo on them and sneak into one of the ships to wreak havoc.
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color

<<

Chief Bugga

Captain
Captain

Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:28 pm

Somebody give that wanna be general a Gibbs smack please. He sounds more like Stalin than anything else.
Elaine Ackerson
Captain
CO, USS Iliad
SGC

Do not annoy the mama alligator before crossing the intergalatic swamp! She takes prisoners when annoyed!
PreviousNext

Return to Falling Skies