[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - Falling Skies - TNT
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Falling Skies - TNT

<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Falling Skies - TNT

Premiers Sunday June 19th, at 9pm est

opens in the chaotic aftermath of an alien attack that has left most of the world completely incapacitated. In the six months since the initial invasion, the few survivors have banded together outside major cities to begin the difficult task of fighting back. Each day is a test of survival as citizen soldiers work to protect the people in their care while also engaging in an insurgency campaign against the occupying alien force.

At the center of the series is Tom Mason (Noah Wyle), a Boston history professor whose family has been torn apart. His wife was killed in the initial attack, and one of his three sons has been captured. Determined to get his son back and to ensure the safety of his other two sons, Tom must put his extensive knowledge of military history to the test as one of the leaders of the resistance movement known as the 2nd Mass, because of their location in Boston, Mass. They are constantly trying to gain intelligence about the aliens in order to one day outsmart and overtake them and hopefully rebuild their lives.

Moon Bloodgood (Terminator Salvation) co-stars as Anne Glass, a pediatrician who works with the surviving children to help them cope with the traumatic upheaval in their lives. Will Patton (Armageddon, TNT's Into the West) plays a fierce leader of the resistance, Weaver. The series also stars Drew Roy (Secretariat) as Hal, Tom's oldest son and a growing fighter in the resistance movement; Maxim Knight (Brothers & Sisters) as Matt, Tom's youngest son; Connor Jessup (The Saddle Club) as Ben, Tom's son who was captured by aliens; and Seychelle Gabriel (Weeds) as Lourdes, an orphaned teenager who helps Anne in the group's makeshift medical clinic. Colin Cunningham (Living in Your Car) is John Pope, the leader of an outlaw motorcycle gang and Sarah Carter (Shark) is Margaret, a wary survivor of Pope's gang.

FALLING SKIES focuses on the resilience of the survivors and their determination to maintain their humanity when all else has been destroyed. It is a tale of endurance, commitment and courage in which everyday people are called upon to become heroes. They may be outmatched, outnumbered and outgunned, but nothing can beat the human spirit. Most of all, the series is about the ties that bind people together in the most difficult of circumstances.

The aliens in the series are mighty, mysterious and merciless. They are highly intelligent and use military-like tactics, which makes them an overwhelming force against the 2nd Mass. There are two types of aliens that the human survivors have named Skitters and Mechs. Combining live action and special visual effects, the Skitters have spider-like bodies and incredible strength and agility. The deadly, robotic Mechs stand upright and can shoot bullets from their arms. The aliens control captured children, like Tom's son Ben, through bio-mechanical harnesses but have yet to reveal their ultimate plan for them.

FALLING SKIES is executive-produced by Steven Spielberg, along with DreamWorks Television heads Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank, Graham Yost (Justified, The Pacific) and screenwriter Robert Rodat. Rodat, who earned an Oscar® nomination for his screenplay for Saving Private Ryan, wrote the pilot from an idea he co-conceived with Spielberg. Mark Verheiden (Heroes, Battlestar Galactica) and Greg Beeman (Heroes, Smallville) are co-executive producers. The pilot was directed by Carl Franklin (One False Move, Out of Time).
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom

Well, excuse me for being a mere mortal. - Heero Yuy

<<

bluejedi

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:31 am

Re: Falling Skies - TNT

Having just seen the ads before, I wasn't sure about checking it out. Now that I got some more info, I think that I'll be checking it out and try giving it a fair shake. Thanks for the intel.
Lt. Michael Fiederowicz
CO, SG-22 - SEALs
USS ILIAD (TDY)
SGC
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:51 am

I'm going to give it a shot, but am wary of a big budget show on TNT. Could be a bit daunting unless ratings soar. Sounds like a cross between Matrix and The Road.
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:47 am

I like Noah Wyle, so I knew instantly I'd be watching this. Hope it doesn't fail.
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM

<<

Preacher

Major
Major

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:24 pm

If its SCI FI I will always give it a shot....however If i tend to like something...they always cancel it....
Bvt Maj. Joey Bruner
CO, S6 - Communications
SG Shadow Hunters - XO
SG-SOCOM

<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:27 pm

If that's the case just hate the show( as far as the public knows) but keep watching it'll confuse the hell out of the powers that be. :D
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
CO:SG- Prometheus
SG-SOCOM
CO:Team Prometheus Airsoft
Owner: Symweap Airsoft
" Beware Merlin, for he knows all things by the Devil's craft "
<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Every single show that I invest time in gets cancelled, so merlin may be on to something! If I proclaim loudly enough that I ahte a show and it sucks it is guaranteed at least six seasons. LOL

Flashforward, Farscape, Jericho, The Event, CHAOS, Persons Unknown, Firefly, SGU. So many good shows with potential that barely made a dent.
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color

<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:18 pm

My favorite show on cable ( the Military channel I believe ) was Special Operations Missions. For those not familiar with the show, one lone operator was pitted against an opfor of four to six opponents. All participants were former members of highly trained elite US military units. Different scenarios were set up, and using simunition these two forces each tried to complete their mission while stopping the other from completing theirs. The show only ran for one season, but what a season. Our hero (Will Willis) only got "tagged" once and completed all the missions he was assigned. The show was very interesting, by using the tactics, equipment and ingenuity used by our military, the show proved that one man can make a difference.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
CO:SG- Prometheus
SG-SOCOM
CO:Team Prometheus Airsoft
Owner: Symweap Airsoft
" Beware Merlin, for he knows all things by the Devil's craft "
<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:42 pm

*cries* I so miss Farscape. Another one of those rush job endings.
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM

<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:34 pm

I was so glad they did the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series wrap up though! It was the first time I have been able to get some kind of closure when one of my beloved scifi shows has been prematurely canceled. Not as good as another season, but at least they were able to tie up loose plot lines. Unlike some shows *cough*Sliders*cough*.
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color

<<

Preacher

Major
Major

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:55 am

dont even go there with sliders...was that not the worst..."wrap up " ever????
Bvt Maj. Joey Bruner
CO, S6 - Communications
SG Shadow Hunters - XO
SG-SOCOM

<<

Preacher

Major
Major

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:01 pm

OK..Falling skies...........ME LIKEY..........things go boom...good drama...plot twists...unanswered questions.......family....and did I mention Gun play and things that go boom...needs a little work on the scripting...But overall....out of 10 I give it an..... 8 1/2.
Bvt Maj. Joey Bruner
CO, S6 - Communications
SG Shadow Hunters - XO
SG-SOCOM

<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:11 am

*facepalms* I totally forgot. Went to bed early.
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM

<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:23 pm

LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:40 pm

I was sidelined by a migraine I woke up with yesterday, but have it DVRed and will watch today!
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color

<<

bluejedi

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:49 pm

So I actually stayed up past my bedtime and watched "Falling Skies". I would have to say that I'm on the fence at this point. I can see the potential, but it certainly didn't wow me right off the bat. I do like the conflict between which takes precedence, the fighters or the civvies. The bang bang shoot'im up stuff is always good of course. A grace period of a few more shows will be granted before I render a final a final verdict.
Lt. Michael Fiederowicz
CO, SG-22 - SEALs
USS ILIAD (TDY)
SGC
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

Chief Bugga

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:05 am

Had to wait for the re-air to see it. Stormy weather & satellite TV don't mix.

How many different discontinued shows were they trying to incorporate in that episode?
Elaine Ackerson
Captain
CO, USS Iliad
SGC

Do not annoy the mama alligator before crossing the intergalatic swamp! She takes prisoners when annoyed!
<<

shifty

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:08 am

NAME:Rob Antilles
CALLSIGN:Shifty
ASSIGNMENT:Atlantis
Member of SG-7 (Australia)
<<

shifty

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:10 am

Oh and by the way, I thought the show was fantastic!!! That dr glass is VERY hot!!
NAME:Rob Antilles
CALLSIGN:Shifty
ASSIGNMENT:Atlantis
Member of SG-7 (Australia)
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:29 am

LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"