Remembrance - Robin Williams

<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Remembrance - Robin Williams

Remembrance - Robin Williams 1951/2014.
Robin Williams seemed to have a tortured soul his whole life. While he was making us laugh on the outside he was dying on the inside. It seems his inner demons caught up to him on Sunday night. He hanged himself with a belt sometime late Sunday night. Farewell Robin, I hope you found the peace you never had in life.

Aug 12, 2014, 2:39 PM ET
By LESLEY MESSER
Entertainment Editor
via Good Morning America

Robin Williams died in an apparent suicide by hanging, according to Lt. Keith Boyd, chief deputy coroner for Marin County Sheriff's Office.

Williams' personal assistant found the 63-year-old actor clothed, with a belt around his neck in the bedroom of his home in an unincorporated part of Tiburon, California, Boyd said. Williams also had recent "superficial cuts" on his wrist and a closed pocket knife with possible blood on it was found near his body.

The actor's publicist, Mara Buxbaum, told ABC News that the actor had been battling "severe depression of late." Boyd added that Williams had also been seeking treatment for depression
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
CO:SG- Prometheus
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
CO:Team Prometheus Airsoft
Owner: Symweap Airsoft
" Beware Merlin, for he knows all things by the Devil's craft "
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:18 pm

Re: Remembrance - Robin Williams

Sad news indeed. I'd say he continues on the Grail quest he started in Fisher King.

It has been a few hard weeks on the celebrities. James Garner a little while ago, Robin Williams and now also Lauren Bacall :(
NAME: ... that new guy Dr Jackson dragged in.
CALLSIGN: DustyBadger
ASSIGNMENT: ... dont know yet, but it seems to have something to do with those early Asgardian artefacts SG1 found on Nifelheim.

I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City, part 1.
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Re: Remembrance - Robin Williams

After having just lost a former student to depression a short time ago I hope the general public starts to realize the magnitude of this disease known as depression. It is not something that will just go away and even when an individual afflicted with depression is receiving medical attention there's no guarantees. If these two deaths help to save the life of another that their deaths won't be in vein.

RIP Robin Williams and Phoebe White.
John Altermott
Call Sign: "Flat Top" (JAltermott)
Maj., United States Air Force
CO, S2- Intelligence
SG-22 - SEALs (Team Pilot) - Fireteam Bravo
USS ILIAD (TDY) - Stargate Command
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom

Return to Remembrances