[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - R.I.P. Forbidden Planet, Actor.. Leslie Nielsen Dies
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

R.I.P. Forbidden Planet, Actor.. Leslie Nielsen Dies

<<

Preacher

Major
Major

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:19 am

R.I.P. Forbidden Planet, Actor.. Leslie Nielsen Dies

The Cult Science Fiction Classic Forbidden Planet Actor Passes away from complications from pneumonia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y4crGU7dkg

I post this as forums all over the place are lighting up over this...he had a huge fan base....

Best known for his work in the comedy series Police Files and the movies Airplane, and Police Squad and Mr. Magoo.... all comedies....I would like to reflect on the fact the he started as a Leading serious Actor and as the lead in Forbidden Planet....Also the introduction of Robbie the Robot (later used later in the show Lost in Space). The Movie itself was never a huge success,,,yet many years later it is still used at Sci fests and is still a Sci-Fi Cult Classic.

Leslie Nielsen will be missed.

From airplane:
"surely you're kidding"
"I never kid and don't call me Shirley"

also

"I just wanted to wish you good luck, and let you know that we're all counting on you.
Pause.....
I just wanted to wish you good luck, and let you know that we're all counting on you.
Pause......
I just wanted to wish you good luck, and let you know that we're all counting on you. "
....you get the point
Bvt Maj. Joey Bruner
CO, S6 - Communications
SG Shadow Hunters - XO
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom

<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Re: R.I.P. Forbidden Planet, Actor.. Leslie Nielsen Dies

Aaww... that's so sad.
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM

Well, excuse me for being a mere mortal. - Heero Yuy

<<

Hawk

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Re: R.I.P. Forbidden Planet, Actor.. Leslie Nielsen Dies

I for one am sad to see him pass away. Unfortunately more and more of the really great actors and actresses are going by the way side and leaving us with only those who are more interested in the money aspect of the buisness and not so much how the fans feel. Granted there are still some good ones out there but the number is dwindeling fast...
Andy Moscato a.k.a. :Lt. Colonel Hawk Masters
CO, SG Hellfire
SG-SOCOM
"Til The Bitter End"

Return to Remembrances