[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - Julia Benson talks Lt. James, SGU Season Two
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Julia Benson talks Lt. James, SGU Season Two

<<

Doran Kev

Captain
Captain

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:09 pm

Julia Benson talks Lt. James, SGU Season Two

Monday - June 14, 2010 | by Darren Sumner

One of our favorite supporting characters from the first season of Stargate Universe is 2nd Lt. Vanessa James, occasional SG team leader for Destiny and jilted former lover of Matthew Scott. Actress Julia Benson brings not just beauty to the role, but also a great strength of character.

In a new Q&A with fans at executive producer Joseph Mallozzi’s blog, Benson talks about her work on the show, the growth of her character, and her favorite episode of Season Two so far. Among many other insights, she reveals that she originally auditioned for the role of Andrea Palmer, and was also considered for the role of Sgt. Riley.

“So far in Season Two ‘Malice’ would be my favorite episode,” she said. “It was written and directed by Robert Cooper and we just finished shooting this week. I think that the fans will love it because there are high stakes and lots of good action. There is also some great stuff between Rush and Simeon [guest star Robert Knepper]. When two actors like that get to square off it is explosive.

“I also got to do a fun stunt, which I love, so maybe I am biased!”

SGU’s second season premieres in October, and is nearing the halfway mark for filming.

One central storyline for James this season has been her relationship with Lt. Scott (Brian J. Smith), who unceremoniously dumped her for Chloe Armstrong in the show’s first episode. As later revealed, James had serious feelings for the young officer.

“Regardless of what the exchange was for Scott, James developed feelings for him,” the actress said, alluding to their closet sexual encounter in “Air, Part 1.” “It would obviously be different if his relationship with Chloe wasn’t in her face constantly.”

“I agree that she is self-reliant and confident, but people are different in love. James has been burnt by the whole Scott/Chloe situation and to top it off, she has to live in very tight quarters with them. I think she will get over it, but it may take some time.”

“In Season One we saw James struggle to find her place on the Destiny,” Benson said. “She definitely started to break down with the loneliness and isolation. Hopefully in Season Two she gets to keep developing her strength.”

Benson won a Leo Award for her performance in "Pain."

Check out Joe Mallozzi’s blog for the full Q&A! There’s much, much more from Julia, including comments on her Leo Award-winning performance in “Pain.” Visit Julia’s official Web site at JuliaBensonOnline.com, and follow her on Twitter
Jeff Langley
Captain
SG Shadow Hunters
We are the best and don't ever forget it!
General George S. Patton Jr.

<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:23 am

Re: Julia Benson talks Lt. James, SGU Season Two

It certainly will be interesting to see where season 2 take all the characters. I can't wait till October for the 2nd season to start.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

Vespid

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:36 am

Oh yeah. I am really beginning to appreciate/enjoy SG Universe. I was hesitant at first but it is really growing on me.
Michael Kehs as
Michael 'Vespid' Williams
10th SFS, Tau'ri Furies
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
<<

Doran Kev

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:06 pm

I am right there with you on that Vespid. At the half way break I was ready to give it up but decided to give it one more chance and each week kept getting better and better until it actually started to feel like StarGate.
Jeff Langley
Captain
SG Shadow Hunters
We are the best and don't ever forget it!
General George S. Patton Jr.

Return to Universe