FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"Stargate Continuum"

<<

ranger_1

Colonel
Colonel

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:05 pm

"Stargate Continuum"

I just saw a commercial for an SG1 movie called "Stargate Continuum", has anyone heard of or know of this ?
Col. C. Fannon.
Call Sign: ranger_1
CO, SG-TRU
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
the only easy day was yesterday...
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards: test award

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:23 pm

Re: "Stargate Continuum"

Continuum will be released direct to DVD on July 29th. Early reports say that the show will be hotter than Arc of Truth with the feel of a full feature motion picture.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies

<<

Paradine

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:55 am

It is a time travel-related story that also features the return of such characters as Goa'uld System Lords Ba'al (Cliff Simon) & Camulus (Steve Bacic), Major Davis (Colin Cunningham) and, of course, George Hammond & Jack O'Neill (Don S. Davis, Richard Dean Anderson). ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the SG-1 team are shown in the alternate timeline, not to mention the Arctic scenes & the US Navy ships. :)
Capt. Diana "Paradine" Hunt, USAF
Senior Medical Officer, USS Iliad
SG-Operations

"Doctor, this is why you brought me here."
Colonel John Sheppard

"That's what I'm talkin' about."
Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell
<<

Auggie

Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:44 am

I've seen previews and it looks great!

I'll get my copy when it comes out, post haste!
Colonel Wayne Augustson
Team Leader, SG-2
(Independent SG Group)
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:51 pm

I'll be able to watch my copy when it arrives... yeah!!
Matt Snyder

<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:25 am

Ok, I picked it up today and watched it almost immediately after I got home. I'll not say much for those that have not seen it yet, but, I was not as impressed with the story of this one compared to some of their other time travel episodes, let alone the last movie they did. There was a lot of "dull" moments in it that the story just seemed to grind to a halt. The production of it was well done, but, to me, the story, for a movie, wasn't as riveting as I was expecting. I got more pleasure out of watching the two "Making of" on the special features section than I did with the movie as a whole. Well, that and the best moment I thought was the second time (or would that be the third time?) on the cargo ship with Mitchell and the one bullet he shot. I just guess I was expecting a lot more from this one that what I was given.
Master Sergeant Ryan Taner
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

seawolf

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:01 am

Not to overly disagree with Rhyus, but I totally loved this movie. It built up slowly to a very exciting ending. I absolutely loved what they did with Vala... trying not to give too much away.

I'll agree that there were some moments that basically had to be there that seemed slow and paced wrong. But the plot situation called for it, and I did not mind those moments.

I liked the plot over all and I felt it was on par with other time travel episodes. It deals with time travel much better than other shows like ST.

Is it better than Ark? It is hard to compare. I liked seeing all the characters coming back - the system lords and some of the other characters. It was good to see Don Davis one last time (RIP).

It was awesome, as far as I cam concerned, steeped deep in Stargate mythos. It is a movie for a Stargate fan.

Just my opinion.

Ron
Lt. Ron McClung
CO, Gate City Sqdn
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SG-SOCOM

---------------------------------------
MACE
http://www.justusproductions.com

ConCarolinas
http://www.concarolinas.org/

Seawolf's Den
http://www.seawolfsden.net/
<<

NSA

General Forum Member
General Forum Member

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:12 am

Having been able to see this at the red carpet premier at Comic Con last week.. aboard the U.S.S. Midway no less.. I may be biased ;)

But I thought the movie was AMAZING. I loved how almost all the characters from the various seasons were brought back for at least a small cameo (no Jonas though.. sigh).

The action was good, the special effects were great for Stargate.. and it just had a good 'feel' to it. I loved seeing Jack back in action too.

I suppose this movie was MUCH more of a "drama" than most Stargate movies, but I think the actors really stole the show with how well they.. well.. acted dramatically!

Indeed!
Remember.. whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
<<

Jacentk2

Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:33 pm

Alrighty now....

If you have not watched the movie.....here's your warning.....

**********SPOILERS BELOW**********

Well here's my take:

A) the Movie was GREAT!

B) The scene where Carter is on a bus going to her "new home," you need to see what's written on the side of the bus... it says "McChord AFB" SO What, right?? That's right down the road from me! I and my buddy who has yet to get on here got a kick out of it...in fact he's the one that noticed it.

C) Bah-humbug to those that complain about the "slow" or "halted" places. Hello? It's called building character...we are so many times seeing these SG-1 guys doing things in the heat of battle or when wrapped up in solving something that we never get to see them for who they are. For instance I loved the part where Jackson tries to convince his self over the phone that he's right and to not give up on his theory.

D) What I hated....and LOVED about the writing was that as the movie went on it got 'darker' as each member of SG-1 (old and new) were being killed off one by one.....I was yelling at the TV when the first happened ... the death of O'Neill. Grrr....then the others one by one....I was thinking then... how the frack are they gonna fix the time line now....grr...but loved how they made it go full circle on the Achilles vessel.

E) I only wish that more films were coming (they actually might go silver screen on the one according one interview). I also wish that some other characters were back on this film...such as Dr Janet Fraser& Master Pra'tac, but am happy that Don S. Davis (Gen George Hammond) made an appearance.

Well....I gots to go....may post again after I watch it a few more times...
<<

Auggie

Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:37 pm

I bought my copy of "Continuum" on Tuesday and finally saw it yesterday. I liked it very much- most definitely a 2-hour TV episode. But then again, what else were we expecting? :)
Colonel Wayne Augustson
Team Leader, SG-2
(Independent SG Group)
<<

Kitha

General Forum Member
General Forum Member

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:24 am

SPOILERS

It was alright, but I wasn't overly impressed. The story was interesting enough once it got going. Vala had some really good lines. Alternate-Timeline-Ba'al was evil and oh so manipulative, and Quetesh was seriously bad@ss. Yes sending 100 hat'ak to attack Earth gives new meaning to the word overkill, but it still looked really cool.

The problem was that they lost me early on. So, Ba'al had developed an elaborate plan to take over the galaxy and become the supreme system lord...but he wasn't going to use it. Except as a failsafe if something happened to the last clone. Because Ba'al just cares so much about his clone I guess. Aww, how sweet.

And while I can buy that the Tok'ra been able to stay in one place for a bit longer than usual, now that what's left of the Goa'uld are on the run. But how did we go from highly practical to fancy buildings with lofty spires? And..... monks? Gregorian chanting? Maybe the next movie will feature O’Neill finding some really cool alien ruins, and demanding to stay there for days trying to decipher the writing. While Daniel wants to go home and watch the Simpsons.

Maybe I had too high expectations. I probably would have enjoyed it much more if I hadn’t been sitting there wondering how they managed to screw up the beginning so badly. Because the rest of it was actually pretty good. If I hadn’t lost my suspension of disbelief in the first ten minutes.
Kitha, host to Lashek
Arik tre'ak - We do not surrender
http://www.tokraresistance.com
<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:15 pm

Yea, I was kind of confused about the beginning as well. I had no clue that they were speedy gonzales with buildings. And that ritual....where did that come from, because they never did that in any of the previous removals that is shown...just a very odd beginning...I'm not even going to try and figure out how they pull the snake all the way through the brain to have it come out the front and through that like quarter inch or so pipe.
Master Sergeant Ryan Taner
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

Hawk

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:29 am

8) I finally bought this film a couple of days ago and watched it. In general I thought it was awesome. It was really good to see Davis one last time, and I'm glad to see that Amanda Tapping kept her hair long. I am looking forward to possibly more films in the future...
Andy Moscato a.k.a. :Lt. Colonel Hawk Masters
CO, SG Hellfire
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
"Til The Bitter End"
<<

daremo

CIA
CIA

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:14 pm

I finally got around to sitting down and watching Continuum, and I got to say, that...Damn! THat was great. Really Really good. Sure, you knew that they were really going to kill anyone cause the timeline was going to be fixed in the end, but I really enjoyed it.

I hope they make more.
SpA Daremo
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:09 pm

Well after having seen the movie twice now, I can say that I really enjoyed it. However, I'm not sure that it really lived up to all the hipe though. I was very good seeing Gen. O'Neil and Gen. Hammond again though. The graphics were really well done, though I expected nothing less... :-)

I think that the story seemed alittle rushed, but all in all a great DVD to continue the SG-1 franchise. It was good to see them make a movie that did not require a full knowledge of the SG-1 series to understand. The Tok'ra robes, cityscape, and ritual reminded me alot of the Minbari from Babylon 5.

All in all, we all enjoyed the movie and look forward to seeing the next DVD released SG-1 movie.
Matt Snyder

Return to SG-1 & Movies