FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ark of Truth

<<

seawolf

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:38 am

Re: Ark of Truth

Rhyus wrote:As for horror on Sci-Fi. I could do without it, as well as the wrestling. The horror that is on Sci-Fi is more of the slasher type, with a monster thrown in to make it appear like it is sci-fi. Almost all of the movies are not Aliens quality of Sci-Fi horror.

Some of the monsters/creature features are fantasy inspired (some) and thus fall under the unbrella of "sci-fi". I have to agree that much of the creature features have been stupid and unattractive. I rarely watch "the most dangerous night on Television." These are simply movies made for direct for DVD that sci-fi was able to bleep out the bad words and blur out the boobies enough to show on TV.

There are good things and bad things about the ease of computer animation and some of the bad can be seen in these movies. But I still see it falling under the umbrella of 'sci-fi' for the most part.

But we diverge from the primary topic... sorry..

Ark fo Truth was awesome!!

Ron
Lt. Ron McClung
CO, Gate City Sqdn
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SG-SOCOM

---------------------------------------
MACE
http://www.justusproductions.com

ConCarolinas
http://www.concarolinas.org/

Seawolf's Den
http://www.seawolfsden.net/
<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:10 pm

through an ancient device known as the Ark of Truth. What does it do? It makes people see the truth of what they believe. Is that hokey? Well... I can see where some people could say it is, but I liked the overall movie.

Well, true, they didn't get too deep into how this device worked. So, I will give my opinion on how it worked. I think that it worked similar to how you described it. It basically, to the one person it was shown to, psicionically severed the link that the Ori had, as well as showed them how the Ori was using them and what they truly are.

Basically, it is Ancient tech, so it can do anything it wants too. :)
Master Sergeant Ryan Taner
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

daremo

CIA
CIA

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Logan wrote:
Farscape ran its course, much like SG1 had. I really don't count those as cancelations per se. Much like Next Generation, DS9, and Voyager, they did there run and then ended.

I beg to differ. Farscape had far from run it's course. SciFi dumped it because it was too expensive for them and they didn't think the average audience 'got it'. The forces behind the creation of Farscape and the actors themselves have repeatedly stated that they were dumbfounded by SciFi's decision to cancel the series.

I guess I am "tainted" by the fact that I was never a big fan of either. Early Farscapes stank of the Hallmark channel sweetness and turned me off. I got into them towards the end, but never was able to keep up.

I did not into B5 until a couple of years ago, when I could watch them all at once on DVD.

Didn't really like Sliders, much either. However, there is little doubt that Sci-fi is second only to Fox for killing off fan favorites. I am still upset about what they did with Andromeda's final season.
SpA Daremo
<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:57 am

I finally saw this the other day and I was like, "Finally! closure!" I enjoyed it immensely.
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom

Well, excuse me for being a mere mortal. - Heero Yuy

<<

NSA

General Forum Member
General Forum Member

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:13 am

Yeah.. the closure was nice for Ark... it was a decent episode I felt, nothing amazing but not bad by any means.

However... after seeing Continuum.. I remembered how much more awesome the Gould were than those pesky Ori :)
Remember.. whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Previous

Return to SG-1 & Movies