FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What would you like to see on Stargate?

<<

daremo

CIA
CIA

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:38 pm

What would you like to see on Stargate?

Had some thoughts while typing other post, and decided this would be a good discussion topic:

What are some of the things you would like to see in SG? (Primarily A, i suppose, but in any (new) series, movie, etc.)

A couple of things that come to my mind:

1) A team on the run - A SG TEam without a base or support, being chased throughout the galaxy, all the while trying to "save" or "reclaim" their base. Make them have to start using scavenged weapons, gear and clothing. Perhaps the Wraith have woke up in mass and have conquered Atlantis and most of the Galaxy, but they need/want the core processor that the team escaped with to prevent the Wraith from dialing Earth.

2) Atlantis in space - I would like to see a long run of Atlantis being used as a space station, perhaps without a suitable planet or unable to reach one. All sorts of fun and extra dangers added to the mix.

3) Atlantis crashes - Atlantis broken on a the side of a mountain or some other land mass. Not necessarily a permanent demise, but one that would require a lot of ingenuity, Ancient artifacts, and episodes to restore.
SpA Daremo
<<

daremo

CIA
CIA

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:16 pm

Re: What would you like to see on Stargate?

Sure it wasn't wrecked, but it sure was land-locked in the last episode. Almost one of the things I want to see...close enough that I will count it.
SpA Daremo
<<

seawolf

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:48 pm

I want to see a new enemy that isn't based on religion or belief system, like a bad Asgard or something along those lines. We know that there are advanced races out there. We saw them in that "Race" episode. Lets bring us in the fold with those races and expand our allies and enemies.

I woudl like to see the SG universe advanced a few years (not like the cartoon) into the future, show the effect of the new technologies we aquired through the SG program and their effect on society, and how the world might take the Stargate goign public, etc (like in the 2010 episode). now Earth has whole fleets of ships, perhaps colonized some of our own worlds, used alien tech to terraform Mars and some of Saturns moons and now we have a new threat.

Just some ideas... Stargate: 2050 or Next Generation something like that.

Ron
Lt. Ron McClung
CO, Gate City Sqdn
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SG-SOCOM

---------------------------------------
MACE
http://www.justusproductions.com

ConCarolinas
http://www.concarolinas.org/

Seawolf's Den
http://www.seawolfsden.net/
<<

daremo

CIA
CIA

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:19 pm

I agree a new race would be cool. I don't mind the myth concept, but I would love to see them use some different ones...maybe one based on Fey or Native American or something. But something completely different would be good too.

I personally wanted to see some real magic....When they were looking for Merlin and found the dragon...I so wanted that dragon to be an honest to gods fire breathing, gold collecting, maiden-eating magical dragon. Sure, the Ancient Ones and Accended were kind of magical, but I didn't want any scientific explainations..Just Jackson saying,..."Ah...well, if were were playing D&D, I could explain this, but..."
SpA Daremo
<<

seawolf

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:33 pm

daremo wrote:Sure, the Ancient Ones and Accended were kind of magical, but I didn't want any scientific explainations..Just Jackson saying,..."Ah...well, if were were playing D&D, I could explain this, but..."

Honestly, if they did this, they would lose me as a fan. I am more a sci-fi buff than a fantasy buff and it would totally "jump the shark" for me if they pulled in "unexplainable magic."

On the other hand, I would not mind if they broguht in honest-to-goodness pyshic powers. Although they have hinted at it here and there - visions, telekinesis, etc... there is no point where they say this can be written up to psychic phenomena. That I could get into. A Pyschic SG member (and no, I do not want an Empath like Deana Troy... that was lame).

Ron
Lt. Ron McClung
CO, Gate City Sqdn
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SG-SOCOM

---------------------------------------
MACE
http://www.justusproductions.com

ConCarolinas
http://www.concarolinas.org/

Seawolf's Den
http://www.seawolfsden.net/
<<

daremo

CIA
CIA

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:08 pm

seawolf wrote:
daremo wrote:Sure, the Ancient Ones and Accended were kind of magical, but I didn't want any scientific explainations..Just Jackson saying,..."Ah...well, if were were playing D&D, I could explain this, but..."

Honestly, if they did this, they would lose me as a fan. I am more a sci-fi buff than a fantasy buff and it would totally "jump the shark" for me if they pulled in "unexplainable magic."

On the other hand, I would not mind if they broguht in honest-to-goodness pyshic powers. Although they have hinted at it here and there - visions, telekinesis, etc... there is no point where they say this can be written up to psychic phenomena. That I could get into. A Pyschic SG member (and no, I do not want an Empath like Deana Troy... that was lame).

Ron

I could agree with that...I would even accept Magic as just an psychic way to access the engeries of the universe.
SpA Daremo
<<

Rhyus

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:28 pm

Why do they have to jump right back into having an overall enemy? Why not just an enemy they make from one planet? I'd rather see them go through the gate and explore and come up with other idea for that kind of stuff. Maybe even actually see the Furlings (sp?).

We know from two episodes, when Jack got the Ancient knowledge put into his head, that he started to develop other abilities, like healing and one other thing I can't remember. Maybe have someone get this, but only get some of it, or maybe an Ancient they find, a real one, that they revive.

I personally am also very tired of "Oh look, we need a new ZPM." storyline. I mean, come on. They have Atlantis. They have the Ancient database in Atlantis. Why can't someone do a word search on it or on power supplies and find the instructions on how to replenish those things. I mean, the Ancients had to be able to do that, actually, they did do it when they came back to Atlantis. So why are all the characters that stupid and don't look for a way to recharge the ZPMs? That would have been my very first search upon coming to Atlantis and I would have spent days of no sleep trying to find out how to replenish them.
Master Sergeant Ryan Taner
SG Hellfire, Team Member
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM

Return to SG-1 & Movies