[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - Ben Browder and Claudia Black on SG1
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ben Browder and Claudia Black on SG1

<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:51 am

Ben Browder and Claudia Black on SG1

Being a Farscape fan I was actually a little nervous when they brought in both Claudia Black and Ben Browder in season 9. After all the chemistry they had on Farscape could potentially mess up the mood of SG1. But the writers and both Ben and Claudias acting skills managed to make me forget all about their Farscape relation. Great job actually. Sure, Mitchell has quite a few of Crichtons personality traits but Vala and Aeryn are very different characters.

RDA leaving the show was a loss and it changed the mood of it, but I think that the addition of both Ben and Claudia revitalized it surprisingly well. I know though that not everybody agrees. What do you think?
NAME: ... that new guy Dr Jackson dragged in.
CALLSIGN: DustyBadger
ASSIGNMENT: ... dont know yet, but it seems to have something to do with those early Asgardian artefacts SG1 found on Nifelheim.

I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City, part 1.
<<

Preacher

Major
Major

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: Ben Browder and Claudia Black on SG1

Dusty,

I was Sad when RDA left the show to spend time with his daughters but The addition and they way the brought them in to the show was well played...so I think they did a fine job.
Bvt Maj. Joey Bruner
CO, S6 - Communications
SG Shadow Hunters - XO
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom

<<

bluejedi

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:45 pm

The show's feel is different since RDA left, I miss how he played Jack. But the changes that occurred are a natural part of a military installation, So it a bit of realism to everything in my opinion. As for Ben & Claudia I think that they both did a good job with their new characters. They played off each other, but didn't do anything it seemed to me that resembled their Farscape personas. So they built a distinct & separate set of characters, which was nice to see.
Lt. Michael Fiederowicz
CO, SG-22 - SEALs
USS ILIAD (TDY)
SGC
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:50 pm

I'll Let you know as soon as I get there, 5 episodes into season 5 right now . I've been trading off between Stargate and Jericho. Suffering from information overload right now.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
CO:SG- Prometheus
SG-SOCOM
CO:Team Prometheus Airsoft
Owner: Symweap Airsoft
" Beware Merlin, for he knows all things by the Devil's craft "
<<

Overlord

RM Captain
RM Captain

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:21 am

Merlin!! Don't look into the Gate!! Don't look into the Gate!! LOL

Last year I went on a month-long watch of all the Stargate series: SG-1, Atlantis, SGU and all the movies and I think in order of Airing too.

And YES it IS a sensory overload too. LOL I did it when I was putting together my UNSGO costume too. Aaaaahhh the memories. 8)
Capt. Thomas M. Gorman
CO, UNSGO
Royal Marine Commandos, UNSGO
SGC

"He that ruleth over men must be just." II Samuel, XXIII
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:40 am

ASSIGNMENT: ... dont know yet, but it seems to have something to do with those early Asgardian artefacts SG1 found on Nifelheim.

<<

Overlord

RM Captain
RM Captain

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:49 am

Well... It really took 2 months and that was when I could hide in my room while the In-Laws were visiting from Slovakia and I neeeeeded a down time. Hey! I got 3 uniforms put together in all that time. :lol: :D 8)
Capt. Thomas M. Gorman
CO, UNSGO
SGC

<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:05 am

LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

Overlord

RM Captain
RM Captain

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:16 pm

Capt. Thomas M. Gorman
CO, UNSGO
SGC

<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:35 pm

LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

shifty

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:51 pm

Oooooor your just backwards........ :p
NAME:Rob Antilles
CALLSIGN:Shifty
ASSIGNMENT:Atlantis
Member of SG-7 (Australia)
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 am

LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:46 am

<<

shifty

1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:21 am

i thought that ben and claudia added a freshness to the show....and i loved how claudia and micheal hit it off. they played off each other so well
NAME:Rob Antilles
CALLSIGN:Shifty
ASSIGNMENT:Atlantis
Member of SG-7 (Australia)
<<

Overlord

RM Captain
RM Captain

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:55 am

The episode that I liked the most was when they were asked to help Mardy with creating a new TV series and they mixed up all the actors for the FarScape spoof.
Capt. Thomas M. Gorman
CO, UNSGO
SGC

<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:01 am

<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:34 pm

I'm into season seven now, almost there. I think Frank Simmons got just what he deserved. Maybourne reminds me of Garrek on Deep Space Nine, you never know if you can trust him or not, what his agenda is. But O'Neill did get to shoot him finally (twice).
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
SG-SOCOM
<<

Overlord

RM Captain
RM Captain

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:55 pm

Yeah but I think that Jack always thought that Maybourne was this favorite nemisis because he was his mirror and he was Airforce. Even though Maybourne was with the other guys, Maybourne himself told Jack that if he had the chance he would do the samething. It is like the formilar bad guy you could aways see in another reality as your friend. Like Patton thought of Rommel. 8)
Capt. Thomas M. Gorman
CO, UNSGO
SGC

<<

bluejedi

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Lt. Michael Fiederowicz
CO, SG-22 - SEALs
USS ILIAD (TDY)
SGC
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:34 am

I just finished season eight, now my sons are discussing temporal mechanics and I'm getting a head ache.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
SG-SOCOM
Next

Return to SG-1 & Movies