[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - SG1 Series Finale
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SG1 Series Finale

<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:07 pm

SG1 Series Finale

sorry... but I'm massively disappointed in that episode. I actually was so bored that I wanted to get up and do other things. It also left me with one thought on my mind... "WTF is up with this?"
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom

Well, excuse me for being a mere mortal. - Heero Yuy

<<

Geniepants

Elite Forum Meber
Elite Forum Meber

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:42 pm

Re: SG1 Series Finale

Yeah, didn't hit me as a "big ass series ending" episode. Guess I'm comparing it to all the Star Trek endings, wrapping things up, etc. Wish they'd do the direct to DVD movie as the series finale.
SG Special Forces
SG-SOCOM
<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:52 pm

I was like, "If they are saving all the good stuff for that 'movie', then they shouldn't have." What a major let down. Even Farscape's unfinished ending was better than that. Much better. Normally Atlantis is touch and go with me, and their season finale was ten times better. What happened to the promises from the commercials! The whole ten seasons was like sex, and the ending was the orgasm that just didn't happen. Talk about unfullfilled.
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM

<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:06 am

Yeah I knew about the ending from a friend a few months ago. Seems like they didn't want to wrap things up as they're trying hard to continue the story arcs via the DVD to be released.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:52 am

This is why I hate SciFi Channel. I know they aren't responsible for the storyline, but every show that I love that ends up on SciFi ends lackluster.

Farscape's series ending was really a season finale so they didn't know they were cancelled when they actually shot the last episode. And the fans threw such a fit that they ended up doing Peacekeeper Wars to finish it up.

Don't even get me started on how they left Sliders. I'm still mad about that.

It is so possible to have a kickass last episode and still have movies. Star Trek has proven that.
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color

<<

~jsanderson~

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:10 pm

Did anyone but Ron catch Teal'c's proverb "Good things come to those who wait." and that poss. be referring to the movies? Also, what's up with them showing that Sam was going to Atlantis during all the previews? That gave away that they would make it out fine!

And now we have to wait! Grrrrr!
Jordan Anderson
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
Aspire | Custom Graphic Solutions
<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:46 pm

Oh I know! That commercial so blew the ending!

And Tel'c's proverb.. I did chuckle some at that one. Also at the one Vala made.

What got me... what about Jack?! I mean, I know he was basicly gone from the show with the occasional appearance, but still, a cameo would have been great.
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM

<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:16 am

I caught the reference, but ya know, good things later on are still possible even if you blow me away with the finale.

Be careful of commercials! LOL I've had many endings ruined for me because the commercial showed too much.
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color

Return to SG-1 & Movies