<<

Doran Kev

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:12 pm

Exclusive Interview: Christopher Judge Talks New Television

Exclusive Interview: Christopher Judge Talks New Television Series
4/19/2010 | DogsOfWar

The actor says his new show will be very dark.

Christopher Judge was at StarFest in Denver, Colorado this past weekend. I got a chance to catch up with the actor Sunday, early afternoon which was still a little too early for Chris at that point. The gracious actor worked very hard at the convention and played very hard at night as well.

Judge is best known for his role as the alien, Teal'c on Stargate SG-1. He had the entire audience enthralled at his Q & A session and works the room like a seasoned comedian. I was fortunate enough to get some time with him and it went quickly. In this clip we discussed any future Stargate movies and his new upcoming series called Rage of Angels. It is about the Archangel Gabriel, who comes to Earth to herald the rest of his angels to begin Armageddon.

Chris doesn't pull any punches here, so there is "adult language and themes" discussed in the video.

I asked him the possibility of another Stargate movie. Chris said all the actors are signed on for another but after the financial crisis stalled things, time has passed "and now the timing of it, I don't know how they'd ever get everybody back together again other than throwing heaps of money at us"[deadpans at camera]

Judge has written the pilot episode for the new Starz series, Rage of Angels, and he is still working on the "bible for the series". After telling me the premise of the show, he made sure to touch base on why this was different from other movies or series involving angels:

"The portrayal of angels, one of the things that's most oft missed is that when angels take human form, they should be subject to all the temptations we are subject to"

"So if you don't have that burden [your soul having to answer for something], what keeps you from doing whatever the f*** you want to do; nothing"

They hope to be shooting the series this Fall and Starz has told him to do whatever he wants and to "make it darker". In the mean time, Judge will be working on a remake of The Saint. To check out Christopher's portrayals of superheroes, past and future, head over to my site, The Dog Pound , at ComicBookMovie.com.

So check out the link below to watch the full interview...
Exclusive Interview: Christopher Judge Talks New Television Series
Check it out just beware it contains some strong language.
Jeff Langley
Captain
SG Shadow Hunters
We are the best and don't ever forget it!
General George S. Patton Jr.

<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards: test award

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Re: Exclusive Interview: Christopher Judge Talks New Television

You forgot the links to the article or video, etc.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

Doran Kev

Captain
Captain

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:23 am

Sorry about that I have been having issues posting lately it takes a little while to upload to the forum and when it does it is messed up or part is missing. Not sure why it does it on any computer I use.
Jeff Langley
Captain
SG Shadow Hunters

<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards: test award

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:55 am

No problems, I tried to add the link to the video interview, but couldn't. I did however cross post the original article into the first post.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

Paradine

Captain
Captain

Post Sat May 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Thanks for sharing the info.

On a related note, Chris is costarring in an indie sci-fi thriller called "Paradox," based on the 2005 Arcana Comics miniseries written by former Law & Order: SVU scribe Christos Gage.

The film is set on a parallel Earth, where all technology is powered by magic. Homicide detective Sean Nault (Kevin Sorbo), an "old school" gumshoe, investigates a series of murders in which the same MO applies: they were committed through the power of science, considered as the stuff of myths & kiddie tales. Chris plays Nault's superior officer at the police department.

Information on "Paradox," which is directed by Brenton Spencer (directed Stargate SG-1/Atlantis, etc.), can be found at:

http://www.americanworldpictures.com/films/paradox.htm

The page has access to the trailer, which does include Chris. The trailer can also be found at:

http://www.americanworldpictures.com/tr ... ox_320.flv

A release date hasn't been set, but it will be shown at the Cannes Film Festival, held on the French Riviera May 12-23. Hopefully, "Paradox" will find some buyers. :)
Capt. Diana "Paradine" Hunt, USAF
Senior Medical Officer, USS Iliad
SG-Operations

"Doctor, this is why you brought me here."
Colonel John Sheppard

"That's what I'm talkin' about."
Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell
<<

Doran Kev

Captain
Captain

Post Wed May 12, 2010 10:26 pm

Hey Doc your welcome for the post and thanks for the follow up info.
Glad to see you back on the forums.
Jeff Langley
Captain
SG Shadow Hunters

<<

Paradine

Captain
Captain

Post Fri May 14, 2010 11:58 am

Thanks... and did I forget to mention that in "Paradox" the politicians are powerful sorcerers? ;)

In the trailer, both Chris & Kevin's characters are dressed in the classic film noir style of 1940s era police detectives, with the former sporting a mustache.

If you want to see the comic book inspiration...
http://www.arcanacomics.com/comicdisplay.php?id=18
Capt. Diana "Paradine" Hunt, USAF
Senior Medical Officer, USS Iliad
SG-Operations

"Doctor, this is why you brought me here."
Colonel John Sheppard

"That's what I'm talkin' about."
Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell

Return to SG-1 & Movies