[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - Another Change in SG-A
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Another Change in SG-A

<<

~jsanderson~

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:21 pm

Another Change in SG-A

According to , Amanda Tapping is leaving SG-A to continue work on Sanctuary. She will be replaced by Robert Picardo...

"Actor Robert Picardo will join the cast as Richard Woolsey assumes command of the Atlantis expedition. Says the press release: 'The team, led by Lt. Colonel Sheppard (Joe Flanigan), Dr. Rodney McKay (David Hewlett), Teyla (Rachel Luttrell), Ronon (Jason Momoa) and Dr. Jennifer Keller (Jewel Staite), must adjust to his unique leadership style.' "

"Amanda Tapping ('Samantha Carter') will guest star in several episodes. A regular during Season Four, Tapping will depart the show for her new SCI FI series Sanctuary (story). She will guest star in 'several' episodes of Atlantis Season Five, according to the network, beginning with the season premiere, 'Search and Rescue.' "
Jordan Anderson
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
Aspire | Custom Graphic Solutions
<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Another Change in SG-A

Wow.. just, wow. But I guess she's just ready to move onto something else.
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom

Well, excuse me for being a mere mortal. - Heero Yuy

<<

~jsanderson~

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:46 pm

BTW - In case you forgot Robert Picardo is a guest a ConCarolinas this year!
Jordan Anderson
<<

Auggie

Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:03 am

Season 5 ought to be interesting...
Colonel Wayne Augustson
Team Leader, SG-2
(Independent SG Group)
<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:16 am

This is awesome news! I love Amanda and hate to see her go, but she'll do guest spots so she won't disappear completely.

And Picardo is a personal favorite of mine from the Voyager days. Very cool that it so happens he will be a guest at CC this year! Great timing!
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

SgtMaj

General Forum Member
General Forum Member

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:29 am

Robert is a great guy and a great guest. I saw him many years ago in Greensboro NC at, I think it was Seti Trek... it has been a long time. Lisa was there, he was great. I have been a fan of Robert since his Character of Capt. Dick Richards on China Beach not the mention his Coach Cutlip on the Wonder Years. I can not wait to see him again, and look forward to getting autographs to show his newer work...
Cmd. Sgt. Maj. Brian Chappell
Senior Non-Com
Stargate Special Forces
<<

Paradine

Captain
Captain

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:33 am

I kinda knew such a change would happen, since SciFi did pick up Amanda Tapping's "Sanctuary" as a series.

It should be interesting to see what friction develops between Woolsey & Sheppard... not to mention Woolsey & McKay. I'd also be interested in seeing how the writers bring Carson Beckett back.

I'll certainly check out Season 5... but hope that SciFi doesn't turn around and cancel Atlantis after it hits the 100-episode mark. :?
Capt. Diana "Paradine" Hunt, USAF
Senior Medical Officer, USS Iliad
SG-Operations

"Doctor, this is why you brought me here."
Colonel John Sheppard

"That's what I'm talkin' about."
Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell
<<

Lt.Ackerson

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:59 pm

Also word has it the Michael Shanks will appear as a special guest in several episodes this season. (read this on a myspace bulletin)
Sean "Nightstick" Ackerson
Lieutenant USN Iliad Flight ops CAG
VXS-223 "Ghost Hawks" Leader
SGC
Saddle up, lock and load.
LT Stoddard USN (on )
iPod Touch post color
<<

~jsanderson~

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:35 pm

That was in the as well. (To read the whole article, click on the link in my first post or the one in this post.)
Jordan Anderson
<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:23 am

*giggles like a school girl* OMG!
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom

Well, excuse me for being a mere mortal. - Heero Yuy

<<

Rasputin

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:23 am

Quick question...are we limited on space for posts? If not, it might not be a bad idea to copy whole stories, news stories or just plain old gossip in our threads (and give proper credit). The more information we collect here means the less surfing and time spent elsewhere on the web. Also, having more accurate information will lead to fewer questions or missunderstandings. You know, make us a one-stop-shop for your daily recommended dose of SG. :) 8)
<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:27 pm

Good point Richard. If not entire articles, at least the relevant excerpts.

Comparatively, we don't have that many posts to other message boards, so unless there's an issue I don't get (not being computer savvy), my slow a** dial up connection appreciates the time saved from having to click on another link with a page full of graphics that take forever to dl.
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color

<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:47 pm

No tech issues or storage space problems. It would be good form to post the entire new article, both citing the source and providing a direct link. Providing the details of the entire article helps our members by not having to go elsewhere to find the latest SG related news. Such will be one of the responsibilities of the new CO of Comms.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies

<<

Aldarin

Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:07 am

Awww, sad about Amanda.

Yay about Michael!!!

:D

Woosly.. is that the guy who played the doctor?
|.Aldarin.|

Who are the brave?
Those whose speech is free?
Who are the brave?
Those loving liberty?
All those with heart and mind,
protecting all they find.
Who are the brave?
Those who serve mankind.
<<

Paradine

Captain
Captain

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:46 am

Yes, it is Robert Picardo... ST: Voyager's EMH & Dr. Lewis Zimmerman, among other roles. ;)

I saw a picture of Robert wearing the current maroon-striped gray jacket and it did look strange to not see him in Woolsey's traditional suit & tie.
Capt. Diana "Paradine" Hunt, USAF
Senior Medical Officer, USS Iliad
SG-Operations

"Doctor, this is why you brought me here."
Colonel John Sheppard

"That's what I'm talkin' about."
Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell

Return to Atlantis Project