FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens

<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens

With this release today of an official trailer, I felt it was time to start a thread for this highly anticipated film.

Let's begin with a link to the 1st official teaser trailer itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

Let the discussions begin. ;)
John Altermott
Call Sign: "Flat Top" (JAltermott)
Maj., United States Air Force
CO, S2- Intelligence
SG-22 - SEALs (Team Pilot) - Fireteam Bravo
USS ILIAD (TDY) - Stargate Command
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
<<

bluejedi

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:12 am

Re: Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens

sure seemed like the real deal to me, it seemed to match up pretty good w/the various pics & bits of info thatI've come across prior to now. I've already watched it several times along w/showing it to the kids & Amy. I think it's hot.

-thinking the new droid is a new type of astromech possibly
-new stormtrooper armor looks pretty slick, need to get a better look at it
-the new x-wing variants flying low over the water w/their air displacement causing water spray is darn hot
-loved seeing the Falcon in all her glory
-noticed that the Falcon's old round sensor dish that got broken off back over Endor was finally replaced with a low & rectangular style one

Can't wait for December 2015 :D
Lt. Michael Fiederowicz
CO, SG-22 - SEALs
USS ILIAD (TDY)
SGC
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:30 am

bluejedi wrote:sure seemed like the real deal to me, it seemed to match up pretty good w/the various pics & bits of info thatI've come across prior to now. I've already watched it several times along w/showing it to the kids & Amy. I think it's hot.

-thinking the new droid is a new type of astromech possibly

Thought so too, but seems way too "kiddish" in my opinion. However, I'm still reserving final judgement until we see more of the little droid.

bluejedi wrote:-new stormtrooper armor looks pretty slick, need to get a better look at it

Agreed. The shot of the African-American gentleman (who's rumored to be a Jedi undercover within the Imperial remnant) at the beginning of the trailer, along with the new helmets, suggest a sleeker look to the storm troopers.

bluejedi wrote:-the new x-wing variants flying low over the water w/their air displacement causing water spray is darn hot

Heather's favorite CGI shot from the trailer, due to the water effects.

bluejedi wrote:-loved seeing the Falcon in all her glory

Agreed. Loved the camera angle following her around as she prepared to engage the tie fighters.

bluejedi wrote:-noticed that the Falcon's old round sensor dish that got broken off back over Endor was finally replaced with a low & rectangular style one

Yes, I did. Nice continuity touch!

No comment on the new lightsaber?!?! Look's very interesting too! Like the broadsword influence, but I doubt with those two additional blades on the hilt that we'll see it being flipped, twirled, and whipped around like the more traditional sabers. Could see an introduction to a new style of saber fighting. Notice too how the "light" has more of a flame-like "flaring" quality to it at the tips. Looks more realistic than the traditional "roto-scoped" appearance from previous films.

bluejedi wrote:Can't wait for December 2015 :D

Right there with you, man!
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

Chief Bugga

Captain
Captain

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:17 pm

Sean does rotoscoping & has gotten that flame effect. ILM fell down on the job during Episodes 2-3. Sounds like someone got their act together for Episode 7.
Elaine Ackerson
Captain
CO, USS Iliad
SGC

Do not annoy the mama alligator before crossing the intergalatic swamp! She takes prisoners when annoyed!
<<

bluejedi

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:31 pm

Dang....how'd I manage to comment on the new lightsaber? The new saber sure does have a very broadsword/Scottish Claymore feel to it. I would agree w/John in thinking that we'll not be seeing that puppy getting twirled around as much as the more traditional sabers. The more flame like tips would seem to indicate to me that it's less refined/tuned then what we normally see(possibly due to a poor quality crystal). The other possibility is that it's overpowered, which would allow it to dominate/disrupt other sabers perhaps. What are your thoughts? Just give me a nice dual phase saber that allows me to adjust the blade length & I'm good to go.
Lt. Michael Fiederowicz
CO, SG-22 - SEALs
USS ILIAD (TDY)
SGC
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Well, I was so disappointed with the last batch of movies I have not even bothered with the last of those. But the Falcon shot was nice and stirred some emotions I thought long gone :)
NAME: ... that new guy Dr Jackson dragged in.
CALLSIGN: DustyBadger
ASSIGNMENT: ... dont know yet, but it seems to have something to do with those early Asgardian artefacts SG1 found on Nifelheim.

I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City, part 1.
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:27 pm

DustyBadger wrote:Well, I was so disappointed with the last batch of movies I have not even bothered with the last of those. But the Falcon shot was nice and stirred some emotions I thought long gone :)

Do give it a chance, Dusty. While there was a lot about the prequel trilogy that I wasn't pleased with I have high hopes for this one!
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence

Return to Sci-Fi & Fantasy General Discussion