FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Warehouse 13

<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:03 am

Warehouse 13

Anyone else excited for the 5th (and final season :() of Warehouse 13?
John Altermott
Call Sign: "Flat Top" (JAltermott)
Maj., United States Air Force
CO, S2- Intelligence
SG-22 - SEALs (Team Pilot) - Fireteam Bravo
USS ILIAD (TDY) - Stargate Command
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:47 pm

Re: Warehouse 13

I am... when does it start?
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:36 pm

Sometime in 2014 according to SyFy.com.

I can't wait to see what they do in the final season. How will Claudia adjust to being the new caretaker of the Warehouse? Will Myka recover from the cancer? How bad a person is Claudia's sister that Artie felt it necessary to not tell Claudia her sister was alive? Will Pete and Myka finally get together?

So many questions to be answered. It's a shame that its ending and I'm sure SyFy will end up replacing it more Shark-Piranha-Weather-Doomsday mash up films. :mad:
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Were ratings down? Why the need to cancel it?
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:31 am

Of course the ratings were down. SyFy has a history of taking shows that are doing well in a particular time slot and moving them to a different time slot where the ratings slowly decline. ;)

Of course, Season 4 wasn't nearly as good as Season 3, apart from the psycho-Artie storyline. Don't get me wrong, it was good just not as good as the previous season. What they've done with Paracelcus has been a lbit forced thus far. Springing the whole former caretaker of Warehouse 9 out of nowhere didn't help things either. I'll give them credit for finally moving Claudia into the caretaker's role, but compared to Season 3 it hasn't been near as good. Anthony Michael Hall's character of Walter Sykes was too well written and too brilliantly executed and as such Paracelcus doesn't seem as dangerous as Sykes, despite all the power Para has. It will be interesting to see how long they draw out the Paracelcus vs. Claudia storyline out this season. I hope it's developed over several episodes instead of being wrapped up in one.
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:50 am

This is from May, 2013. The link to the original article is http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/05/warehouse-13-season-5-will-be-its-last-syfy-says.html.

Syfy's original series "Warehouse 13" will end next year with a shortened final season.

The show, which is nearing the end of its fourth season, will get a six-episode fifth season to wrap up its story, the cable channel says. Production on the final episodes is scheduled to start this summer, and they're set to air sometime next year.

"'Warehouse 13' has been an incredible signature series for us," says Mark Stern, president of original content at Syfy. "We are grateful to the loyal and passionate fan base and know that [executive producer] Jack Kenny, his gifted creative team, and outstanding ensemble cast will give them an amazing finale season."

Ratings for the show have fallen off some this season, although not drastically. For Season 4 as a whole (which spans two blocks going back to last summer), it draws about 1.6 million viewers and a 0.5 rating among adults 18-49, compared to 2.1 million viewers and a 0.7 demo rating for Season 3. It has struggled some since its return in late April, however -- the three episodes in its return have averaged only about 1.35 million same-day viewers.

"Warehouse 13" stars Eddie McClintock, Joanne Kelly, Saul Rubinek, Allison Scagliotti and Aaron Ashmore as agents who protect the government's secret storehouse of supernatural and mystical artifacts.
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:26 pm

I would not be a bit surprised to find out that SyFy (SCI Fi) Has an exciting season of wrestling in store for all it's loyal viewers. They've done it before.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
CO:SG- Prometheus
SG-SOCOM
CO:Team Prometheus Airsoft
Owner: Symweap Airsoft
" Beware Merlin, for he knows all things by the Devil's craft "
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:37 pm

merlin wrote:I would not be a bit surprised to find out that SyFy (SCI Fi) Has an exciting season of wrestling in store for all it's loyal viewers. They've done it before.

you have a point
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:08 pm

merlin wrote:I would not be a bit surprised to find out that SyFy (SCI Fi) Has an exciting season of wrestling in store for all it's loyal viewers. They've done it before.

Then perhaps they should change their name to "The Wrestling Channel" instead. First MTV stops playing music videos and now SyFy stops showing science-fiction series in favor Wrestling, Ghost Hunters, and other pseudo-reality shows. I miss the great sci-fi series they used to have when they were the SciFi channel.
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:21 am

JAltermott wrote:[ I miss the great sci-fi series they used to have when they were the SciFi channel.

Amen to that brother, what are we thinking, expecting a channel named The Sci Fi channel ( i refuse to use the new stylized name ) to actually show science fiction shows.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
SG-SOCOM
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:21 pm

merlin wrote:
JAltermott wrote:[ I miss the great sci-fi series they used to have when they were the SciFi channel.

Amen to that brother, what are we thinking, expecting a channel named The Sci Fi channel ( i refuse to use the new stylized name ) to actually show science fiction shows.

Common sense is apparently too much to expect. :)
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:29 am

merlin wrote:

Why would a sci fi channel show sci fi? I mean really? That would be to easy...
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:11 pm

Sci-Fi was so much better before NBC bought it. Take tonight for example: at 8pm we can look forward to 2 hours of WWE Smackdown.(while it's not science, it is fiction) the bright side, tonight they will be showing Star Trek Nemesis, the dark side, it comes on at 3am. Give me a break, put the science fiction on the air when people are actually awake.
Last edited by merlin on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
SG-SOCOM
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Sometimes change isn't good :(
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

Chief Bugga

Captain
Captain

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:01 pm

And do we really need more wrestling - let's see USA devotes 2 hours or more per week to it; Spike does the man cave thing & runs it 3-4 times per week; there's the sports channels that run it when they don't have anything else to fill time slots & even HBO runs it. Then we have pay-per-view if you can't get enough any other way. Then there's the reality shows on almost every channel any more.

However, if you have people watching a particular time slot on your network then they must simply like your channel so you can put anything you want in the slot. I used to look forward to Sci-Fi Fridays & then Mondays to go with it. Now both are drivel on top of idiocy.

Warehouse 13 is just the latest to find itself given the axe when the actors need to move on with careers or personal lives even though the writers are presenting transition scripts so the change makes sense to the story. Yeah - the transitions get bumpy sometimes & other networks move popular shows to the same time slots but that's not a good enough reason to dump shows with DVRs, "On Demand" type services from the cable companies where you can watch it later, streaming from Netflix & the networks, etc. available for viewers to catch up on their favorites when time slots overlap or they're out for an evening.

Personally, I'll watch syndicated reruns instead of wrestling or reality shows & much of the other drivel that now passes for programming. Even an old "I Love Lucy" in black & white beats a lot of the things airing in the last year or so.

Guess I'll just have to get a new DVD player & rely on Netflix & Best Buy or Wal-Mart for my viewing pleasures.
Elaine Ackerson
Captain
CO, USS Iliad
SGC

Do not annoy the mama alligator before crossing the intergalatic swamp! She takes prisoners when annoyed!
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:01 pm

merlin wrote:Sci-Fi was so much better before NBC bought it. Take tonight for example: at 8pm we can look forward to 2 hours of WWE Smackdown.(while it's not science, it is fiction) the bright side, tonight they will be showing Star Trek Nemesis, the dark side, it comes on at 3am. Give me a break, put the science fiction on the air when people are actually awake.

I thought that the dark side was that it was Star Trek: Nemesis. ;)
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Lol
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:09 am

"I thought that the dark side was that it was Star Trek: Nemesis. ;)"
JA: Star Trek the dark side? that's blasphemy my friend. I can't help but love Star Trek, after all I grew up on it.
Getting rid of cable after it started to cost$170.00 a month is the reason my DVD collection expanded so quickly, when there ain't squat to watch on TV, fire up the DVD player, throw a bag of popcorn in the microwave and sit back and enjoy. Yes, even Star Trek.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
SG-SOCOM
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:24 am

Believe me, I love Star Trek. I religiously watched the original series in syndication as a kid, watched every episode of each subsequent series the night each new episode was originally aired and have every film on DVD (including Nemesis). I just wasn't a fan of Nemesis. The storyline was too formulaic and, as much as I love the characters of Picard and Data, the next generation movies seemed to be focusing too much on them at the expense of the other principal characters. This felt especially true with Insurrection and Nemesis. I will admit, however, that the battle between the Enterprise and the Scimitar was pretty cool. :)
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:23 am

First contact rocked. Not a huge fan of the last two.
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
Next

Return to Sci-Fi & Fantasy General Discussion