FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Warehouse 13

<<

bluejedi

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:25 pm

Re: Warehouse 13

First Contact probably was the best Next Gen movie in my opinion with Nemesis coming in at 2nd place. But in general Trek is always a good time. "Live, Long & Prosper"
Lt. Michael Fiederowicz
CO, SG-22 - SEALs
USS ILIAD (TDY)
SGC
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:30 pm

I really enjoyed First Contact. The storyline was compelling (preventing the Borg from assimilating Earth, not disrupting the timeline, Data's continued search for humanity, Picard facing his demons) and it had a nice mix of action, humor, and seriousness. The soundtrack was by far the best of any of the next generation films.

With regards to Nemesis I had to many issues with the plot progression: B4 happens to have been found by Shinzon and left on a planet for Data and Picard to find, Picard's DNA happens to wind up in the hands of the Romulans who creat Shinzon in the first place, the Scimitar that is so overwhelming in it's weaponry, shielding and perfect cloaking device that it can withstand a combined attack from 2 of the newest generation of Warbirds and the Federation flagship but is slowed down by Troi and 4 quantum torpedoes. A highly unrealistic set of circumstances indeed.

Still, Trek is by far one of the best sci-fi series and I'll sit down and watch it with no reservations.

BTW, I find it interesting that two comments (made by Merlin and myself) have completely derailed the conversation about Warehouse 13. Apparently the 5th and final season will only be 6 episodes in length. Not a lot of time to wrap up many of the lingering questions that still remain. To redirect the conversation a little, let me ask you all a question pertaining to one of the unresolved plot elements:

Should Pete and Myka end up together by the series end?
John Altermott
Call Sign: "Flat Top" (JAltermott)
Maj., United States Air Force
CO, S2- Intelligence
SG-22 - SEALs (Team Pilot) - Fireteam Bravo
USS ILIAD (TDY) - Stargate Command
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:43 am

Sorry about the derailment, it just sorta happened. I was trying to stay on topic, really I was :) .
I tried watching Warehouse 13 awhile back, but just could not get into it. I'm not sure why, but it didn't click with me. :oops:
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
CO:SG- Prometheus
SG-SOCOM
CO:Team Prometheus Airsoft
Owner: Symweap Airsoft
" Beware Merlin, for he knows all things by the Devil's craft "
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:22 am

merlin wrote:Sorry about the derailment, it just sorta happened. I was trying to stay on topic, really I was :) .
I tried watching Warehouse 13 awhile back, but just could not get into it. I'm not sure why, but it didn't click with me. :oops:

I know you were Merlin. :)

I understand why you might have had a hard time getting into Warehouse 13. It really wasn't until the middle of the first season that it started hitting it's stride and began developing longer running story arcs. If one tried to come in later (depending on which season and how far into it) one might find it difficult without an understanding of the show's back story and previous arcs.

For me, the SyFy (I know Merlin avoids the new spelling, but the Type A elements of my personality have to be as accurate a possible) show I couldn't get into was Continuum, which surprised me since it involved time-travel and I'm usually a sucker for time-travel shows/films. Ultimately it just didn't hold my interest. Perhaps I was still bitter over the cancellations of both Sanctuary and Stargate: Universe.
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:57 pm

I watched the first three episodes on netflix and just could not get into the show. Perhaps I did not give it a fair chance, I'll have to give it another try.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
CO:SG- Prometheus
SG-SOCOM
CO:Team Prometheus Airsoft
Owner: Symweap Airsoft
" Beware Merlin, for he knows all things by the Devil's craft "
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:14 pm

BREAKING NEWS: (At least for me)
The final season of "Warehouse 13" debuts Monday, April 14th at 9/8c. SyFy has confirmed that the final season will consist of just 6 episodes.
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Sun May 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Well, Warehouse 13 has come and gone; departed into the ether along with many of my favorite shows.

The finale was pretty satisfying. Spoilers below...

... Stop reading if you don't want to be spoiled...

It was done in the style of a clip show, except that all of the "clips" were from off-screen adventures. The basic plot of the episode centered around the seemingly inevitable move of the Warehouse to another country; an act that would spell the end of Warehouse 13 and the birth of Warehouse 14. Since the warehouse's agents and caretaker are provided by the host country, the move would also spell the end of Artie's, Pete's, Myka's, Steve's, and Claudia's time as Warehouse agents. Mrs. Frederick has the agents an opportunity to preserve their defining moments in a time capsule artifact: King Arthur's Round Table.

As Pete comes to grips with losing the Warehouse (and his worries that he will revert back to the flawed man he once was) we learn that Artie has a son that he still keeps in touch with, Steve once saved Artie's life by removing a microscopic artifact lodged in his heart (an ode to Fantastic Voyage), Claudia performed a show stopping tap dance routine to remove the effects of an artifact on the group, and Myka is in love with Pete. Yes, we finally got the Pete & Myka hook-up that's been teased for several season. When it's Pete's turn to preserve his defining moment, every moment from his time as a Warehouse 13 agent flashes before their eyes. For him, the entire experience is his defining moment and there's nowhere else he wants to be. The group decides to stop dreading the inevitable move and to live and enjoy each day and new adventure while they can. As Mrs. Frederick said, the Warehouse and the world are full of "endless wonder".

The episode ends several decades later with Warehouse 13 still around and a new group of agents being trained by the current un-named lead Warehouse agent (Artie 2.0 for the purposes of this discussion) when Claudia, the current caretaker known to the others as Mrs. D, appears out of nowhere to check up in the new recruits who a very reminiscent of Pete and Myka during their early days in the Warehouse. We don't know exactly how many decades have passed but Claudia looks very much the same as she always did, implying that her time as caretaker began in the fairly near future. The steampunk inspired interfaces Artie loved have been replaced with touch screen panels and displays. As Mrs. D advises this new crew she stops momentarily as she remembers Artie, Pete, Myka, and Steve before abruptly disappearing the way Mrs. Frederick used to. The new recruits to the Warehouse comment on her sudden disappearance while Artie 2.0 merely suggests that they will get used to it. The shot pans out from the agents through the considerably larger interior of the Warehouse (implying the addition of hundreds of new artifacts) to the all-to-familiar exterior of Warehouse 13 we all know.

Ultimately we never learn the final fates of Artie, Pete, Myka, or Steve. Could this be SyFy's (I still hate that spelling) way of leaving things open for a future Warehouse 13 movie? Time will tell. Still, as far as finales go it was a a quirky send-off worthy of Warehouse 13: Sentimental, humorous, and full of wonder.
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Mon May 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Nicely written recap!

I thought the finale ep was perfect for the show as well. I'm sad it's over but that's life, eh? Still not sure what was going on with Pete's hair in these last 6 eps...lol.
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

Hibson

Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member

Post Tue May 27, 2014 2:23 am

I'm very upset that they dropped Warehouse 13 :( Last, VERY last show I was ever interested in on SciFi is gone. Never watching that channel again. I already-broke with it over Sanctuary! That show, they left us hanging for a YEAR before telling us that it was cancelled :( They crashed all the favorite and good shows they had: Stargate, Sanctuary, Warehouse 13...
Hibson
Second Lieutenant, United States Army
SG-22 - SEALs (SAR/HR expert)
Stargate Command
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Tue May 27, 2014 7:46 am

Hibson wrote:I'm very upset that they dropped Warehouse 13 :( Last, VERY last show I was ever interested in on SciFi is gone. Never watching that channel again. I already-broke with it over Sanctuary! That show, they left us hanging for a YEAR before telling us that it was cancelled :( They crashed all the favorite and good shows they had: Stargate, Sanctuary, Warehouse 13...

Clearly we have a lot in common, Hibson. I share your frustration with that channel as well. Can't completely cut ties, however, as I'm enjoying Metal Hurlant Chronicles, Heroes of Cosplay, and Face Off.
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Tue May 27, 2014 8:31 am

It's upsetting they dropped those shows but I am grateful they gave Warehouse 13 six eps to tie it up.
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 pm

Agreed.
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

Hibson

Senior Forum Member
Senior Forum Member

Post Wed May 28, 2014 12:47 am

Very true! Least they got to do a proper-tieup and send off!

John: Aye, that's true...good shows, those. I don't have cable right now so the point's moot :D
Hibson
Second Lieutenant, United States Army
SG-22 - SEALs (SAR/HR expert)
Stargate Command
Previous

Return to Sci-Fi & Fantasy General Discussion