[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - Almost Human
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Almost Human

<<

bluejedi

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:02 pm

Almost Human

So Amy & I watched the pilot ep of Almost Human this morning on Hulu, we forgot it was on last night. We're of like mind & like what we see so far. Watching ep 2 is on tonight's to do list. One thing I like is the selection of the actor who plays the new McCoy as the lead, the sound of his voice seems to work well for the role he plays here. The production has a nice high quality look to me. The contemporary yet high-tech in the not too distant future look works for me & makes me think the show may have a chance at appealing to those who aren't usually drawn to sci-fi shows, but do like cop dramas.

What do ya'll think?
Lt. Michael Fiederowicz
CO, SG-22 - SEALs
USS ILIAD (TDY)
SGC
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:44 am

Re: Almost Human

So far the ads are looking good, but we missed the pilot/premier... Will have to try and watch this.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Loved the pilot as well, but I have several episodes recorded that I need to watch over break. The concept is interesting and I'm curious how they'll develop the relationship between Kennex and Dorian.

I agree that casting Karl Urban as the lead was a good choice. I absolutely love his take on the McCoy character in the new Star Trek films. He's got a similar grittiness to the late DeForest Kelley.
John Altermott
Call Sign: "Flat Top" (JAltermott)
Maj., United States Air Force
CO, S2- Intelligence
SG-22 - SEALs (Team Pilot) - Fireteam Bravo
USS ILIAD (TDY) - Stargate Command
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:30 am

I am really loving this show...and honestly, I almost didn't watch it. I'm so glad I did!
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:18 pm

How great was last night's episode. John Larroquette stole the show and, while the twist ending was somewhat predictable, it was still nicely executed and infuses even more unanswered questions into the plot. Michael Ealy continues to shine as Dorian and how can you not love Karl Urban. Definitely one of the best new shows of the season.
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:22 pm

LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:18 pm

I haven't been able to see this show yet, But I do intend to see it, even if I have to resort to Hulu or Net Flix.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
CO:SG- Prometheus
SG-SOCOM
CO:Team Prometheus Airsoft
Owner: Symweap Airsoft
" Beware Merlin, for he knows all things by the Devil's craft "
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:04 pm

John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:48 am

LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:47 pm

Not to get off topic, but the show title describes how I've felt the last few days. Perfectly.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
CO:SG- Prometheus
SG-SOCOM
CO:Team Prometheus Airsoft
Owner: Symweap Airsoft
" Beware Merlin, for he knows all things by the Devil's craft "
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Tue May 27, 2014 7:46 pm

I'm sure you've all heard that Almost Human has been cancelled by Fox.

Such a shame. I felt the series had great potential and would've thrived in its sophomore season, but sadly I'm not calling the shots.
John Altermott
CO, S2- Intelligence
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Tue May 27, 2014 8:24 pm

yes...def shame. But it was doomed, I realized, when i found out they weren't showing the eps in order. (sounds like Firefly doesn't it?)
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

JAltermott

Major
Major

Post Tue May 27, 2014 11:55 pm

John Altermott