[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - Last Resort - ABC
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Last Resort - ABC

<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:29 pm

Last Resort - ABC

Page last updated by vhavnal, 2 months ago

500 feet beneath the ocean's surface, the U.S. ballistic missile submarine Colorado receives their orders. Over a radio channel, designed only to be used if their homeland has been wiped out, they're told to fire nuclear weapons at Pakistan. Captain Marcus Chaplin (Andre Braugher) demands confirmation of the orders only to be unceremoniously relieved of duty by the White House. XO Sam Kendal (Scott Speedman) finds himself suddenly in charge of the submarine and facing the same difficult decision. When he also refuses to fire without confirmation of the orders, the Colorado is targeted, fired upon, and hit. The submarine and its crew find themselves crippled on the ocean floor, declared rogue enemies of their own country. Now, with nowhere left to turn, Chaplin and Kendal take the sub on the run and bring the men and women of the Colorado to an exotic island. Here they will find refuge, romance, and a chance at a new life, even as they try to clear their names and get home. From executive producer/writer Shawn Ryan (The Shield, The Unit, The Chicago Code) and Executive producer/writer Karl Gajdusek comes this dramatic new international action-thriller about treachery, treason, and nuclear brinksmanship. LAST RESORT contemplates establishing of a new society in the modern world, and character becomes everything when unthinkable decisions must be made.
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom

Well, excuse me for being a mere mortal. - Heero Yuy

<<

Chief Bugga

Captain
Captain

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Last Resort - ABC

So when does this air? It sounds interesting & I haven't seen it in the ABC listings for the DC area.
Elaine Ackerson
Captain
CO, USS Iliad
SGC

Do not annoy the mama alligator before crossing the intergalatic swamp! She takes prisoners when annoyed!
<<

Logan

Colonel
Colonel

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:41 am

Thursdays this fall. Here's a link to the trailer. I saw it on tv recently and it looks really good. I love Andre Braugher and am glad to see him get another series.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/last-resort
Lisa Jackson
XO, SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom
XO, SG-7
My Moderating Color
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:54 am

Saw the trailer for it when I went to see the Avengers today and thought it was a movie until at the end when they said "ABC this fall". I was excited.
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM

Well, excuse me for being a mere mortal. - Heero Yuy

<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:39 am

And Dichen lachman is in it, so I will watch :)
NAME: ... that new guy Dr Jackson dragged in.
CALLSIGN: DustyBadger
ASSIGNMENT: ... dont know yet, but it seems to have something to do with those early Asgardian artefacts SG1 found on Nifelheim.

I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City, part 1.
<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Shawn Ryan and Robert Patrick together again, can't wait to see this. Based on the trailer, it looks like Ryan has another interesting show using the formula he used on The Unit. A tight knit group of characters let by an unforgettable voice. Hopefully this show will fair better than it's two predecessors, which expired much to prematurely. It's just my impression from the trailer that this show is a little bit of the Unit, The Hunt for Red October, Seven Days In May and Mutiny on the Bounty. I'll be watching.
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
CO:SG- Prometheus
SG-SOCOM
CO:Team Prometheus Airsoft
Owner: Symweap Airsoft
" Beware Merlin, for he knows all things by the Devil's craft "
<<

bluejedi

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Looks pretty intense, I'll be checking it out for sure. I do like Robert Patrick's style.
Lt. Michael Fiederowicz
CO, SG-22 - SEALs
USS ILIAD (TDY)
SGC
SG-Operations: The Home Base of SGC & SG-SOCOM
<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:15 pm

It's one i'll be sure to watch too! looks great
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

bluejedi

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Time to get this thread going again. The show starts this week, Thursday night at 8 on ABC. I'm so looking forward to it, let the good times roll on folks.
Lt. Michael Fiederowicz
CO, SG-22 - SEALs
USS ILIAD (TDY)
SGC
<<

bluejedi

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Just finished watching the first ep of the show & man am I hooked.

Multiple cover stories as to what happened; a disgruntled/threatened crime lord; dissenting members of the crew; A SEAL team with secret intel(totally love this point, wonder why :D ); a young untested Lt just learning what she's capable of; American forces vs American forces. Man this show's got it & it looks like they have a good feel for how to execute these different elements. I'm so looking forward to see how this stuff all plays out & develops.

I'd really love to hear what the rest of you think, especially since you all are a lot more articulate then I am.

Can't wait for next week.
Lt. Michael Fiederowicz
CO, SG-22 - SEALs
USS ILIAD (TDY)
SGC
<<

Preacher

Major
Major

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:15 pm

ALL I will Say is HOLY FLIPPEN WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bvt Maj. Joey Bruner
CO, S6 - Communications
SG Shadow Hunters - XO
SG-SOCOM

<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:28 pm

Sounds like you like it guys. Hopefully it will show up here in Sweden soon.
ASSIGNMENT: ... dont know yet, but it seems to have something to do with those early Asgardian artefacts SG1 found on Nifelheim.

<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:41 pm

I enjoyed it...looking forward to the next ep
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:25 pm

It seems like there only was one season of this show. What do you guys say, who watched it. Was it something worth spending the time on?

<<

bluejedi

Lieutenant - USN
Lieutenant - USN

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:32 pm

I found it entertaining, but it definitely had a relatively certain life span(1 season, 2 tops).
Lt. Michael Fiederowicz
CO, SG-22 - SEALs
USS ILIAD (TDY)
SGC
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Did it get a proper ending or does it just stop.

<<

Zathras

2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:29 pm

I got bored and stopped watching...so no idea
LT Becky Brett
"Zathras"

10th SFS Tau'ri Furies
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:07 pm

Yeah the show was cancelled mid-first season and then continued if I remember correctly. The second half was a very different pace and seemed like they were trying to wrap up loose ends in an effort to complete a story, knowing there would never be a 2nd season. I'm not sure that the people here in this country were ready for such a controversial subject for prime time.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:01 pm

To bad. So it did get kind of a wrapping up at least.

Return to Sci-Fi & Fantasy General Discussion