[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - OPEN LETTER to all :-)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

OPEN LETTER to all :-)

<<

Gideon Deschain

Major
Major

Post Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:58 am

OPEN LETTER to all :-)

Good Day everyone, bienvenue, hola, salut, guten tag!

I just wanted to post a missive to the team while it was on my mind (nothing special...an open letter just seemed appropriate for a general greeting).
At any rate, I wanted to say that I'm still here, just been busy with work (got a promotion and a raise, HELL YEAH), art projects, dogs, home, and the end-of-year/fall/winter cycle of illnesses tearing through said home.

I hope that all of you are well, warm (or cool, depending on your hemisphere), cozy, happy and safe in whatever corner of the world in which you and yours reside. That's pretty much it...I guess I just wanted to communicate the fact that my heart remains with this team and its personnel, even if I'm often silent.

With great fondness,
~Gideon~

P.S. I encourage anyone and everyone to post their thoughts as well. :-)
Maj. Gideon Deschain
CO, SG Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom

"Every meal a banquet, every paycheck a fortune, every formation a parade...I LOVE the Marine Corps!"
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Re: OPEN LETTER to all :-)

Gideon, great to here from you and I'm glad to see you still among the living... LOL Was hoping that you hadn't gotten lost and unable to find your way back through the gate. Though the iris may close from time to time, the Gate is always open to friend... no expectations... Real Life take priority and rightfully so. For myself, RL has been hectic as well, between work, new house, getting a garden and farm up and running, changes in vehicles, etc etc... we do look forward to trying to get together in the near future with some of our SG friends and having some fun. One of the good things in the move, is that we've been able to see Ken, The_Shadow more often... :D !!!
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

<<

Gideon Deschain

Major
Major

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:00 am

PLEASE give the wonderful Shadow my regards!
And no, I hadn't lost the Gate...but I had a devil of a time reaching it (looked like the huge battle scene in John Wayne's "Green Berets"). It simply took a wee bit for me to "pacify" the hostiles. ;-)
Maj. Gideon Deschain
CO, SG Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom

"Every meal a banquet, every paycheck a fortune, every formation a parade...I LOVE the Marine Corps!"
<<

DustyBadger

Private First Class
Private First Class

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:54 am

Always good to hear from you Gideon. It seems like many of us are in the same situation, more or less. I have also gotten swamped by real life. Among other things having to teach and develop several new courses which are semi-videolink ones, so my work hours are mostly 8-21 these days. But I try to drop by here as often as I get the chance :)
NAME: ... that new guy Dr Jackson dragged in.
CALLSIGN: DustyBadger
ASSIGNMENT: ... dont know yet, but it seems to have something to do with those early Asgardian artefacts SG1 found on Nifelheim.

I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City, part 1.

Return to General Discussion