[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
STARGATE OPERATIONS: • View topic - Deployment
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Deployment

<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:46 pm

Deployment

Found out a couple of weeks ago that my Brother-In-Law is being shipped off to Iraq for a whole year.

He was stationed in Japan and when his time was up, he was going to go to Germany. It would be a new place for him and his family. But then he had a heart attack. So the Air Force sent him back to the states instead and told him he wouldn't be stationed overseas again because of his health condition. Well, they changed their mind. I can't believe they are sending him for a whole year.

He said he only has two years left. After his year in Irag, they won't send him anywhere else for a year. He'll reenlist after the two years, but if they decide to send him overseas again, he'll just retire. In his two years here back in the states, he has spent a lot of time away from home, nearly a whole year's worth of time and then some. Some of that was spent overseas as well, but never longer than a few weeks.

I have no clue what he does for the Air Force, and neither does my hubby. But I know he teaches something when he goes to other bases.

So keep him in your prayers and hope he returns safely.
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM
SG-Operations: The Home Base of Stargate Fandom

Well, excuse me for being a mere mortal. - Heero Yuy

<<

Gideon Deschain

Major
Major

Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:14 pm

Re: Deployment

DONE.
Maj. Gideon Deschain
CO, SG Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM

"Every meal a banquet, every paycheck a fortune, every formation a parade...I LOVE the Marine Corps!"
<<

Paradine

Captain
Captain

Post Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:47 pm

Consider it done. As the daughter of a WWII vet (no longer with us), you and your family are in my thoughts & prayers.

I hope your brother-in-law makes it home safe.
Capt. Diana "Paradine" Hunt, USAF
Senior Medical Officer, USS Iliad
SG-Operations

"Doctor, this is why you brought me here."
Colonel John Sheppard

"That's what I'm talkin' about."
Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell
<<

Andromeda

Captain
Captain

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:50 am

haha, my mom just moved from Gainesville.

He deploys in a few days. I know my mother-in-law must be worrying something awful. She was the last one to find out because of how she would worry. With her heart conditions, she doesn't need to be stressed.
Capt. Elizabeth Bryans
SG-Shadow Hunters
SG-SOCOM

Well, excuse me for being a mere mortal. - Heero Yuy

<<

merlin

Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Just read this thread and it left me wondering what happened ? Did he get home alright ? did he decide to retire ? did the Air Force Screw him over or keep its word?
LTC. Robb Wells (Merlin)
CO:SG- Prometheus
SG-SOCOM
CO:Team Prometheus Airsoft
Owner: Symweap Airsoft
" Beware Merlin, for he knows all things by the Devil's craft "
<<

DeryniLord

Major
Major

Awards:

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:33 pm

True, would be nice to know that he is OK.
Matt Snyder
CO, 10th SFS - Tau'ri Furies
the only easy day was yesterday...

Return to Military Tributes